$4,200 poorer today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Plumbers took all my mad money. I was mad they took my money but glad they fixed my slab leak. The hot water line developed a leak under the kitchen cabinet. They were here a half day and used a FLIR camera to detect the leak's heat signature in the slab.

I'm sure glad I shut off the water a few hours before they got here because it let the slab cool down and the FLIR worked a lot better because of the temperature difference.

They fixed it with the old up and over technique using PEX. Wishing I had the tools and agility to crawl on my stomach in the attic to save a bit of money but, alas.

I deal with slab leaks all the time for my job and a single line reroute should be under $2000. Unfortunately, I can almost guess which company charged you $4200 for this. If you have a second one that needs to be addressed, I would recommend shopping around for a different plumbing company.

Also, some of this could be covered by your homeowners policy.

PM me if you’d like some additional information or if you have any questions.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I deal with slab leaks all the time for my job and a single line reroute should be under $2000. Unfortunately, I can almost guess which company charged you $4200 for this. If you have a second one that needs to be addressed, I would recommend shopping around for a different plumbing company.

Former College Football Player In Advertisements?

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score

Thanks. I kinda know I was taken but we had no hot water and the wife was gritchin. NOW she's really gritchin!

I really didn't have the time to ask anyone here on this forum for help plus the time waiting for any answer. It was kind of an emergency situation and they knew it.

Last edited:

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our hourly rate was $110 an hour two hour minimum. I understand the FLIR cost them money to buy sn I probably paid for it in this one instance. I also know
So what you are saying is that a mediocre plumber makes more than a physician that has spent 7-10 years in schools to gain a medical license? Somehow that doesn't seem right but I still don't want to pay an MD $200-$300 for medical advise and an Rx.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks. I kinda know I was taken but we had not hot water and the wife was gritchin. NOW she's really gritchin!

I really didn't have the time to ask anyone here on this forum for help plus the time waiting for any answer. It was kind of an emergency situation and they knew it.

That’s totally understandable. It’s just unfortunate that there are some companies out there that take advantage of people whenever they can.

Latest posts

Top Bottom