.45-70 "low pressure" Stuff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a little 1873 Springfield "trapdoor" carbine that is just so cool (or at least I think so) and finding factory ammo is a pain. Yes, I know reloading is a better option but it's an option I don't have at the moment so I need factory ammo options. Does anyone know where I could find "trapdoor safe" 45-70 ammo in stock? I'd love to take it out for some target shooting but I have two rounds lol. There was a place I had bookmarked that sometimes had it in stock but it's been several months since they had any and I've since either purposely or accidentally misplaced the bookmark.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Try Track of the Wolf or Black Dogs for the ammo. It is real BP loaded and it is nice for the Trapdoors to get some Holy Black to remind them of the old days. I am down to like 16 rds for my 1873. I am planning to load some in the fall. When I do I will get a hold of you and maybe you can come over and load yourself some up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom