High end AR’s, diminishing returns, and reliability.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
rifles have specs what you talking about
Here, I made a form for you to complete so you can understand:

My AR is made by__________(brand), I purchased it _________________ (year)
The barrel length is________________(inches)
the Barrel is_________ (type of) steel with a _____(ratio) twist and a ________(Choose one: Pistol, carbine, midlength, rifle, other) gas system.
My upper receiver is made by ______________(brand)
my lower receiver is made by __________________(brand)
My trigger is a ________________________(brand)
I have shot _________________________ (how many in whole numbers) rounds through it
My favorite things about this rifle is___________________________ (insert cool features here)

Insert description/other parts/any custom work done below:
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I purchased this gun: (select one please)

As a parts kit and assembled myself

As a parts kit and had someone else assemble

as a complete rifle

as a upper and lower and put them together

(end of select one section)

Please post picture(s) of rifle below:

Fill it out, be a good sport. If necessary I can create a version of this form with larger text so that it is easier to read. We're tying to take out bets on you and @Camo going to the range to see who's rifle can piss further.

Last edited:

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

the Barrel is_________ (type of) steel with a _____(ratio) twist and a ________(Choose one: Pistol, carbine, midlength, rifle, other) gas system.
I have shot _________________________ (how many in whole numbers) rounds through it
My favorite things about this rifle is___________________________ (insert cool features here)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

as a complete rifle

Fill it out, be a good sport. If necessary I can create a version of this form with larger text so that it is easier to read. We're tying to take out bets on you and @Camo going to the range to see who's rifle can piss further.
I thought Kurtm was getting in on this.

the form of.:

your name: _____________________________

is enough info for me to pick the winner.

Last edited:

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"I believe the metric stated from both individuals that the measure of a high-end vs just good enough was basically group size and not counting any other factors into what makes guns good, mediocre, or meh."

Nothing could be farther from how I measure if a firearm is good or not. The statement I was responding to was "I'll hang a target with anyone". Since this was the metric offered I thought I would respond in kind.
First, I look for known quality parts, then I look at where they get the parts they don't make. Then, NO MATTER WHO BUILT IT, I go through the whole thing myself. I could fill tomes with the crap I have found "bad" on all "tiers". I have had Colts that looked like a 10 year old assembled it. Armalites that wouldn't Arma nor Lite! Daniel Defense that wouldn't lock up because the extension was over torqued by 5 degrees. In general the lower end stuff has more problems, but ALL of them can have problems. Next, if it hasn't shot at least 1000 round trouble free, it isn't worth having around. Believe it or not, accuracy is not a huge deal with me, 2 MOA or less is just fine. I have won many a match with a 2moa rifle. Better is of course appreciated, and in most rifles I own it is substantially better, but the benchrest accuracy of a rifle has little to do with what one can do with it under "field" conditions.

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
not the response i see.. would like to see the correspondence. and i didn't call you a liar i think i said that's a lie but ok. nothing i have received from them has had a loose part anywhere. and I've had a bunch. i guess that's why there are a million different brands.
Was about 3 years ago, I had to search my old posts to find the pictures. I stated my Latest, but not my only experience with Bear creek junk and you said it was impossible. ( called me a liar) you know I am not, and I know your not man enough to admit you were wrong.
Exactly I stake my life on any gun in my cabinet good point
Me too..I don’t bet but heck you never know im making better money now.
But still can’t/ won’t admit you were wrong.

as a complete rifle

This isn’t about rifles now, Bocephus called me a liar, said my statement was IMPOSSIBLE, I proved him dead ass wrong. I am not a liar, pisses me off to be called a liar. I am waiting on him to admit he was wrong making that statement. Obviously doesn’t know as much about the ar15 platform as he thinks he knows.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
liar-who-gets-mad-meme.jpg

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was about 3 years ago, I had to search my old posts to find the pictures. I stated my Latest, but not my only experience with Bear creek junk and you said it was impossible. ( called me a liar) you know I am not, and I know your not man enough to admit you were wrong.

But still can’t/ won’t admit you were wrong.

This isn’t about rifles now, Bocephus called me a liar, said my statement was IMPOSSIBLE, I proved him dead ass wrong. I am not a liar, pisses me off to be called a liar. I am waiting on him to admit he was wrong making that statement. Obviously doesn’t know as much about the ar15 platform as he thinks he knows.
Nobody on this forum is able to bet on you being called a liar though. We are able to fantasize and bet on you guys competing on paper at the range.

My dad wasn’t that great of a guy, but one thing he said that is solid advice applies here:

“It’s better to be pissed off, than pissed on”

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Boo Hoo HOO you had run ins with more than just me. give it up im not apologizing. for a company i happen support! and again did no call you a liar

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Boo Hoo HOO you had run ins with more than just me. give it up im not apologizing. for a company i happen support! and again did no call you a liarHas zero to do with ru
quit bashing Bear Creek ill consider it... but you wont do that so BYE..
You did see my pictures of the garbage they sent right? You know the pictures that proved you were wrong when you said what I claimed was impossible? Basically calling me a liar.

Yeah your wrong on both accounts. I proved that.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You did see my pictures of the garbage they sent right? You know the pictures that proved you were wrong when you said what I claimed was impossible? Basically calling me a liar.

Yeah your wrong on both accounts. I
maybe you should look in the mirror.. im done with you trash no apology coming!

Latest posts

Top Bottom