.50 beowulf

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had one for a short time it was fun but I would rather have a 45-70 and if you use it for deer hunting and you have a shot inside 65 yards shoot for the head or neck because you will waste some meat if you don't.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had one for a short time it was fun but I would rather have a 45-70 and if you use it for deer hunting and you have a shot inside 65 yards shoot for the head or neck because you will waste some meat if you don't.

my first deer rifle was a 45-70 NEF single shot. I wouldnt mind having a .50 beowulf

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've been toying with the idea of one of these or a 458 SOCOM. Can't make up my mind.

I was looking into the .458 socom as well but decided on the beowulf. i dont reload YET, and what got me was the price of a 20 rnd box of .458 was twice the price of beowulf. and i just like the 1/2 inch diameter!

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

How do you come to that conclusion. Smaller fast bullets(hydrostatic shock) and secondary fragmentation ruins meat. Any shot in the heart lung area shouldnt damaged much meat if any at all... a 45-70 makes a 1/2 hole & has very similar ballistics. The reviews of the beo by hunters so far have been excellent.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How do you come to that conclusion. Smaller fast bullets(hydrostatic shock) and secondary fragmentation ruins meat. Any shot in the heart lung area shouldnt damaged much meat if any at all... a 45-70 makes a 1/2 hole & has very similar ballistics. The reviews of the beo by hunters so far have been excellent.

I only had two types of ammo fmj and split HP I decided to use the split HP for deer the shot was about 60 yards I hit behind the shoulder a little high and both shoulders and some of the backstrap looked like blood jelly and the exit wound was about the size of a softball. I also shot a coyote with the same kind of round at about 25 yards and it looked like I hit him with a 12ga 3" 1oz slug at pointblank.

Latest posts

Top Bottom