511 gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpiritualGuns

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do own the shirt and pants made by them. Love the pants they hold up great. The holster shirt is nice, stays pretty cool due to material, but is a PITA to draw from. The Velcro is very sticky and the pockets are deep, deep enough where I could carry a full size gun.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love 511 gear ... as does GC ... and he wears it a lot more often than I do. I've seen that undershirt and am sooooo tempted.

I've had the same experience that Spiritual Guns has had, though, in terms of products that have velco around the pocket for a gun (conceal carry purses). Every single conceal carry purse I have is a beeee-yotch to draw from because the opening is a bit "tight" and the velco gets in the way. I've found that several regular purses that work much better ... and were a TON cheaper ...

I'm wondering if you could remove the velcro strip and just put a couple of dots, strategically placed around the pocket opening. :scratch: I can see where it would be VERY advantageous to have someone sew around the outline of a gun set in the pocket to keep the gun in the position you want it for easy draw. In short, I think the shirt is a good idea overall but needs some customization after you get it to make it really, truly functional -- at least for ease of drawing, anyway ...

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm waiting on my license to come in, and my new career field I'm going to school for will be business casual dress at the minimum, and I'm not really impressed by most of the IWB holsters that allow you to tuck a shirt in. I have a long torso for a man my size, and all my shirts are damn near belly shirts, and 99% of them are when I raise my arms up. It looks like it would be a good option, as you said, with some modification(s).

They (511) also have the quick snap/ faux button up shirts that I like as well, and are designed to give quick access to wearing something like being discussed.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you tried any of the Big and Tall shirts, I too am long waisted.

They make some really nice button up, and polo type shirts.

I have not tried the under shirts with built in holster i.e. 5.11, sounds uncomfortable , plus you would have to reach through a cover shirt...just me.

The longer shirts tuck in well for me...CB, MTAC...G30 or j-frame , depends on how my back is feeling.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you tried any of the Big and Tall shirts, I too am long waisted.

They make some really nice button up, and polo type shirts.

I have not tried the under shirts with built in holster i.e. 5.11, sounds uncomfortable , plus you would have to reach through a cover shirt...just me.

The longer shirts tuck in well for me...CB, MTAC...G30 or j-frame , depends on how my back is feeling.

I have yet to find one that fits my upper body in a big and tall store. Seems they think because a guy has broad shoulders and long torso, he has to be fat and they are darn near dresses on me. You have any recommendations on store or brand to check out?

Latest posts

Top Bottom