.600 Overkill...are you man enough?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hardest kicking gun i have shot is this little long throat single shot 12 gauge which is very light and I stuck 3.5" magnum 2 ounce turkey load into it.
That one will make you take a couple steps back when you pull the trigger.
Trigger guard hits your trigger finger and has cut my buddies finger.
I thought my CVA Bobcat kicked hard.
We called that CVA the mule and decided on a name for the 12 gauge single shot turkey load.

The Mules Nightmare.

2 ounce 1300 fps in a 4 lb gun not fun.
I’ve done similar with a single shot 12ga. Buddy had bought his 6 or 7 year old a single shot 12/22lr interchangeable barrel setup. He wanted to shoot the shotgun first, so we slapped the shotgun barrel on, handed him a skeet load, and told him to get after it. It knocked him flat on his back. We thought it was hilarious. I said, “lemme try it, it isn’t that bad”. Buddy put a turkey load in when I wasn’t looking, closed the action, and handed it to me. Talk about an unpleasant surprise. I did try it a second time, thinking that maybe the first time was a fluke and I was just being a wuss.
To this day I still avoid single shot shotguns.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That guy has several videos on YouTube, he shoots some pretty crazy big bore stuff so I think he has a permanent flinch going on. He has a custom BFR revolver in .458 Win Mag that he shoots, I shoot a lot of big stuff but I don't like to shoot them til I have flinch issues or nerve damage in my hands like he does. He usually seems to pretty accurate with his stuff though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom