600 yard match at OKCGC - 06/16/12

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This match is not very well advertised but it is a blast. Open to all NRA members (don't have to be a club member). Takes about 6 hours shoot - so bring a snack!

F-Open: anything goes, bring anything you think will reach 600 (sorry, no muzzle breaks).
F-TR: 308 or 223 only, any glass, bipod and rear bag.
Palma: 308 or 223, iron sights, no mechanical rest (when I grow-up I want to be one of these guys).

http://www.okcgunclub.org/highpower/hp_midrange.html

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now that you asked - I'm not 100% sure. When you shoot the first time you provide your NRA number, and it is NRA regulated match. The way it is phrased on the website - you might not have to be... I'll check with Darrel next time.

J

JeffA

These matches are open to the public. No club membership is required. Matter of fact I believe most of the guys that shoot this match are not members of OKCGC.

If you have an NRA number the match director sends your stats in so you can be ranked by the NRA.

The 600 yard matches are an absolute blast. And the wind can be a real bear. But that actually makes it fun. So come on out and shoot with us.

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't misunderstand what I was trying to say. I would love to come and shoot this match I just didn't want to have to be an NRA member to do it (which the website shows isn't necessary). Either way, this month's match is out due to drill.

I will make one of these since they're regular matches. Looks like about 130 to 160 rounds (or more, depending on how many sighters you take) so that's not bad. I shot the High Plains rifle match last year and the wind was pretty crazy over on that end that weekend. This would be fun to see what I can do with my irons and a sling.

Latest posts

Top Bottom