9 year old shoots instructor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That showed a couple shots that hit the dirt near the target.. no death shots in that video.

People freeze up I have seen it in 20+ year old men and women.
Does not take a child to goof.

I have taught people how to drive a stick shift and you will be surprised how many freeze up.
My daughter drove straight off a small dirt cliff.. did not steer away and did not brake.

Racing buddy friend of mine drove my old 78 nova once headed straight for the bar ditch i was in passenger seat and i had to tell him BRAKE!
He admitted to freezing up, and said if i did not yell he would have stuck it in a ditch.
0-60 in the 3's

You gonna die when it is your time.. but if you instruct someone you better do it in a safe way and safe place and be prepared to correct in an instant.

Friend has a few full auto's that climb super quick ,, he stands beside the newbie when they shoot it.. so he can grab the gun and keep it pointed in the correct location.. he has shot them and of course knows what to expect and how to correct it.
Not so much as a grab the gun ,, more like putting his hand on their arm or hand to correct the line of fire.
Some let off the trigger when it goes wild and others freeze up until the gun is empty.

Feel sorry for the child and both families involved.
Prayers will be sent.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I stand behind my kids and friends when I'm teaching. I don't care if you're a ninja, recognizing and grabbing an out of control full-auto pistol is not something I'd want to try from the side...you can see in the video that there was very little time to react once she lost control.

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know, there is a growing fascination with filming youngsters firing guns. Especially young women/girls. I suspect that it has more to do with Dad's pride/ego than it does with responsible firearm training and/or gaining firearm experience. There was probably a proud Dad behind the camera or off to one side that was just glowing (for a while). (If these assumptions are incorrect, I apologize.)

Now, I'm not faulting firearms training for youngsters. I was trained early and grew up around firearms. But, putting a full-auto Uzi in the hands of a 9 year old girl for a great Facebook moment is just a terrible idea. Had it turned out fine, I still would have considered this to be a terrible idea. Shame on the parents that put their young daughter in this situation.

I feel sorrow for this dead man's family and friends. For those of you who might be asked to participate in a stunt like this, consider giving the youngster some training time on a .22 rifle instead. Everyone will leave the range happy.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There was a photo or two of a member here teaching his young son/girl to shoot a 22. He had it strapped to a desk of some sorts. Smart. I could not imagine why a person would allow such a young person to mess with such a weapon. Poor Family's involved. The young lady will live with that her whole life. Sad situation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom