95 Ford

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking for pic of your 96???
Do you have one?

All i have done to is put the distrubutor wires back on, back glass installed, cleaned it out and put the interior back together. Haven't even washed it. I think I'm going to pay this local mobile mechanic to get it running. Surely he knows a little about such a common engine.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I put in a new resistor and abs sensor in my 90 recently. The abs sensor was dorman I think and it shut off my ABS light for two weeks. Guess I'll have to get motorcraft brand next.
I ‘think’ OEM was Bosch. I ordered one even if it’s not OEM. Maybe a step up from Dorman, we’ll see

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here we go again. I pulled the bed to investigate what I thought was a leak on the front tank. Turns out it wasn’t leaking, it was over flowing. It has a bad mixing/selector valve and basically empties the rear tank into the front tank. There’s more to it than that but that’s the end result. Now I realize I didn’t need to pull the bed but it helped me figure out the issue.
In the end, this may have been the reason the truck was parked in the first place.
69CA3334-68A4-4191-B58A-407960C3494D.jpeg

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here we go again. I pulled the bed to investigate what I thought was a leak on the front tank. Turns out it wasn’t leaking, it was over flowing. It has a bad mixing/selector valve and basically empties the rear tank into the front tank. There’s more to it than that but that’s the end result. Now I realize I didn’t need to pull the bed but it helped me figure out the issue.
In the end, this may have been the reason the truck was parked in the first place.
View attachment 489713
So does yours have a separate selector valve? I read after 90 that is handled with just the two fuel pumps and their inner workings. I don't think my 90 has a selector valve. But I don't know for sure

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So does yours have a separate selector valve? I read after 90 that is handled with just the two fuel pumps and their inner workings. I don't think my 90 has a selector valve. But I don't know for sure
You may be right. But, I’ve got two brand new pumps. I suppose the front one could be bad. It is a Chinese special after all
On the flip side, I didn’t find the valve on the frame. I can see where a piece of hose was spliced into the line and just assumed that’s where it used to be.

Latest posts

Top Bottom