95 Ford

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
To be fair, it is hard to get the load balanced right with that trailer behind a 1/2 ton truck. The trailer itself is rather heavy. It’s a Top Hat 18’+2’ with 5200# axles. I used to have a shop built 16’+2’ with 3500# axles and it was much better behind a 1/2 ton truck.
@hemphill was nice enough to loan me his trailer and winch. Would have been nearly impossible with anything less.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Both pumps power up. Only code I got off of it was number 14. Ignition pickup is erratic or PIP?
Did you use a spark plug tester light while cranking? You may need a new cap and rotor and verify base timing.

There are issues with the EEC computer sometimes that cause erratic spark issues. It does something with the distributor I think. You can pull it and see if anything looks burned or broken in there.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m thinking this is why the front tank is reading empty. Tanks full of water too
E9A9390F-4214-41A0-89D0-BEDECCDED5F4.jpeg

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
You going to replace the water pump on the chevy while you are already that deep and have you done the timing chain and gear lately?

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You going to replace the water pump on the chevy while you are already that deep and have you done the timing chain and gear lately?
I should have but I didn’t. I wasn’t planning on doing ANY Chevy stuff today. Took the quick route and just did the radiator.

Latest posts

Top Bottom