$99 Shotgun Torture Test!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well both of mine came in today at Sooner State Pawn on 59th. Never have I bought a weapon from out of state, shipping etc etc. So it was my first time. Went smooth, in and out, $10 fee and was gone.

Tuesdays are our Pistol Shooting/Training night, so took it with me and we ran 100 rounds through it as fast as we all could load it and pump em out. Right out of the box, installed the barrel and ran it 100 rounds. Never a failure to feed, no hiccups at all, only complaint is the edge of the feed tube will get a dremel tool put on it to make it more beveled for faster hand loading. Rifle sight on front, has the bevel cuts on back to install a rail or?

I have videos on my phone of most of the 100 round straight through, but if someone knows how to load em up here, I don't know how. I could send them to your phone.

My 9yr old Granddaughter is tearing us up with her Glock 26, I have a video of her as well, but don't know how to post a video.

Here is a photo of the rear stock removed and the two different size bolts, the ATI is the longer, bigger of the two the threads are different. I am pretty sure this set of pistol grip and forearm are for a 870. So they did not fit. The second photo shows how the forearm is attached to the slides.

Last of the three photos is of what I am pretty sure is a grip stock for a 870, doesn't it look like it to you all? It and the forearm has been in my big box of weapon parts that I toss misc stuff in over the years. If memory serves it was on a 870, I don't remember them being on a Mossberg, but they may.

If the shotgun keeps on functioning as it did today, I am gonna kick myself for not buying a dozen of them, instead of just two.

I broke it down and cleaned it up and it is a solid built shotgun.

Last edited:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like I said, several claimed to have heard differently... and I think two even spoke to ATI directly and got conflicting information. Which is why I wanted to see if there was any firsthand knowledge.

SeanO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like I said, several claimed to have heard differently... and I think two even spoke to ATI directly and got conflicting information. Which is why I wanted to see if there was any firsthand knowledge.

Yea I thought the same thing as well. When I asked ATI they told m it wasn't a zinc receiver and due to the fact the produce the zinc/poly lower many people think all their firearm receivers are a zinc base.

Just wondering, real question, how can you tell if something is mad of zinc?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea I thought the same thing as well. When I asked ATI they told m it wasn't a zinc receiver and due to the fact the produce the zinc/poly lower many people think all their firearm receivers are a zinc base.

Just wondering, real question, how can you tell if something is mad of zinc?

That's what I wonder as well... was hoping some pics or something might show a difference.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well the $99 shotgun just nailed a skunk at 30 yds with #4 shot. I painted the front rifle sight today with Bright Orange, and was going to shop to put second coat on and had to put it into full protection mode! LOL! Skunks been rampant around here.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It seems zinc is used in coatings , like cerrokote.
It is also used in alloy type material, Zamak, which could make the material brittle, or not structurally sound.
Zinc is also heavy, so might not make a good weapon material

...;)