$99 Shotgun Torture Test!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well....mine came in today and I got the call from SSP. Picked it up and brought it home all happy.
To be perfectly honest, I had never shot a shotgun until this past winter. I've pulled the trigger on plenty of guns from my old Red Ryder all the way up to some 50 cal stuff, but didn't pull the trigger on a single shotgun until 7 months ago.
So.....this is my first shotgun.
Yay!

In any case, I got it home and assembled the gun. Had a bit of trouble at first with the barrel as it didn't want to just slide into place, but with a little bit of back & forth working the action & twisting the mag cap everything seated up very nicely.
Shotgun is lighter than I though it would be. Not bad weight at all.
For 99$, the fit & finish is just fine.
My one issue...........Holy Long Trigger Pull, Batman!!! This thing has got a pull length of like 14".....yeesh! My T-Rex arms are at their limits.

Oh well.
Tomorrow morning I'm heading down around Lexington with a few friends and a bunch of "toys".
I'll be feeding the 99$ a steady dose of:
i1324.photobucket.com_albums_u607_jmike314_9864340b_bd6e_47c8_a7c3_4cbb3ce7e621_zps3779bf29.jpg

We'll see how things go.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well....mine came in today and I got the call from SSP. Picked it up and brought it home all happy.
To be perfectly honest, I had never shot a shotgun until this past winter. I've pulled the trigger on plenty of guns from my old Red Ryder all the way up to some 50 cal stuff, but didn't pull the trigger on a single shotgun until 7 months ago.
So.....this is my first shotgun.
Yay!

In any case, I got it home and assembled the gun. Had a bit of trouble at first with the barrel as it didn't want to just slide into place, but with a little bit of back & forth working the action & twisting the mag cap everything seated up very nicely.
Shotgun is lighter than I though it would be. Not bad weight at all.
For 99$, the fit & finish is just fine.
My one issue...........Holy Long Trigger Pull, Batman!!! This thing has got a pull length of like 14".....yeesh! My T-Rex arms are at their limits.

Oh well.
Tomorrow morning I'm heading down around Lexington with a few friends and a bunch of "toys".
I'll be feeding the 99$ a steady dose of:
i1324.photobucket.com_albums_u607_jmike314_9864340b_bd6e_47c8_a7c3_4cbb3ce7e621_zps3779bf29.jpg

We'll see how things go.

Great news! You I'll enjoy it! And lol at the "t Rex arms" I met you, you sure don't have t rex arms, you can handle that pull just fine!! Lol! Enjoy your $99 shotty, I have so far. I got the front sight all bright orange today, I was going red, but I snuck into the wife's nail stuff and found some bright orange that worked much better than my red truck touch up paint!

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And lol at the "t Rex arms" I met you, you sure don't have t rex arms, you can handle that pull just fine!! Lol!

I got ripped up rotators in both shoulders that should have had surgery 15-20 years ago...as such, neither arm fully extends without reminding me about it.

Did you paint the whole front sight? Or just the bead?

How long is the stock bolt for the ATI?
I found this while looking around:
i.ebayimg.com_00_s_NjIxWDk1OQ___z__78AAOSwt_5TxUGb___57.JPG

Same? Different? Maybe?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cool! Mine will be here Monday, but I'll be in Tulsa, and it requires an adult signature. Even if I was at home, I don't know that my sig would be legal. My wife keeps telling me to quit acting like a 2 yr old......

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got ripped up rotators in both shoulders that should have had surgery 15-20 years ago...as such, neither arm fully extends without reminding me about it.

Did you paint the whole front sight? Or just the bead?

How long is the stock bolt for the ATI?
I found this while looking around:
i.ebayimg.com_00_s_NjIxWDk1OQ___z__78AAOSwt_5TxUGb___57.JPG

Same? Different? Maybe?

This will be my fourth Rotator Cuff surgery. I just played to hard in my youth! LOL!.

As far as the furniture, I don't know yet. I brought the one home we shot and tore it apart to clean up and I have what I thought is a Pistol Grip and Forearm from a Remington 870. The rear bolt looks to be different threads and not the same size.

The front site, I sanded off the black with a dremel tool, wiped it off with some alcohol, and stole some bright bright orange finger nail polish from the wife. It worked out good. I just painted the round dot at the top. I might go back and paint the whole line though.

Last edited:

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cool! Mine will be here Monday, but I'll be in Tulsa, and it requires an adult signature. Even if I was at home, I don't know that my sig would be legal. My wife keeps telling me to quit acting like a 2 yr old......

You know this the first weapon I have ever bought over the computer. How come I had mine sent to Sooner State Pawn, instead of my house like you did?

And I really wished now, that I had ordered about half a dozen of them. My father in law has already latched onto the second one I ordered.