9MM bullet weight for CC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm just saying...
If the tests are legit, this seems like it may be a viable round.
2x the speed, good expansion & body damage, no over penetration if bullet passes through to hit walls.

Check what the .40 rd does in this test.

So is a .22LR if it's all you have. There is nothing new under the sun. They were making uber-expensive, super-velocity rounds in the 70's and they'll continue to do so as long as the marketing hype will work. Too bad the ammo doesn't work as well as the marketing. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

berettaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I carried a wundernine I stocked it full of Winchester 124gr SXT(same e xact thing-rebranded Black Talon)
Never had to use one but I had that warm-n-fuzzy knowing I was protected.:anyone:
To answer your question hell I don't know whats best for you and your gun,you get to have the fun of finding out for yourself like we did.:D:D

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whatever you can find to buy!

I currently only have 115 grain hollow points.
Better than an empty gun.

Exactly. I have a mix of left over 9mm "test" ammo loaded in my mags for the most part...and some old .380 ball of dubious origin for my little .380. Dunno why I even ever bothered "testing" which ammo my Glocks like...now that I think of it. It seems to like whatever I can feed it.

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I load a 124 grain Hormady XTP for my conceal carry pistols.

That way I can visually check each case for a powder charge.

In recent years, a few recalls have been issued on improper powder charges on defensive style ammo, so I no longer trust it.

And no, it doesn't get you in trouble with the courts if you have to use it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom