9mm With Green Dot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike101650

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am fairly new to pistol reloading but have done quite a bit of shotshell some years back. With the price and scarcity of ammo, I am trying to get into reloading 9mm target loads. So far, I have loaded about 1500 rounds using some Unique and some 700X. I have a large can of Green Dot that I would like to use up on these loads but I am having trouble finding load data for green dot in my books. I see it for lead but not for FMJ. Does anyone have load data for 115 gr FMJ/TMJ or 124/125gr FMJ/TMJ?

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the past, I have used 4.5 grains of Alliant green dot for a medium power load with the 115 and 124 grain plated bullets with standard small pistol primers. Those work ok in my guns, but use at your own risk.

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, i've got a lot of data..(Good deal to post the links tho...thanks)....i was just wondering about recipies that ya'll have had good luck with as opposed to those that weren't so hot.

younggundavid

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Beretta 92fs.... seems to give me my best grouping Using IMR PB at 4.7grns.. with 115grn tmj RN.
My fathers beretta... 92fs... Loves the Winchester 231 at 5.4grns... with 115grn tmj RN.
My neighbor that I reload for... Also loves the Winchester 231 at 5.0 grns... with a 124grn FMJ.

Uncle will be over in the next month or so.. he bought a new 9mm at christmas... he's wanting to match ammo to his specific gun.. We spent a little time playing with his new gun back in march... and the IMR 7625.. at 4.8grns... with a 115grn FMJ..... seemed promising... but need further testing to verify we have the right load...

A gun is a lot like a woman... never expect this "one" to be like the last "one" or any other "one".. :)

acp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use Winchester 231 with J&K 124 gr cast lead. I think I use 4.0 grains. A very accurate mild target load in my Smith & Wesson 3913. On top of everything else that load and bullet make 9mm shooting very affordable. I think J&K recommend WST powder for 9mm, I don't know the load that Mitch uses though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom