A FINE day it is

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geezer77

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow 68 s a tall order in this kind of temps
Amen. Our 5 ton would easily run at 68, but we keep it at 75 nights and 76 daytime in the summer. I cannot imagine 68, unless I needed to hang some meat. At that temp, I'd have to wear insulated coveralls lol. But then I'm old and on blood thinners, so that's probably worth a couple of degrees..

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am sure he appreciates reading what temp you keep your thermostats at while his AC is not working.

I feel for you buddy and hope it is repaired soon and your home is cooled off.

Last Sunday morning a lightening strike took ours out. It was Tuesday early afternoon before it was back in service.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Normally, cool set at 74`, any less and Wif goes into Eskimo mode. Any more and I'm sweating my balls off.
Heat is set at 68` and she sits wrapped in a quilt.

Trip to Wichita Falls yesterday. New capacitor and back in business.

I have /had a spare window unit setting in the shop. BUT, granddaughter unit quit and her brother helped her out ......

Have one of the portable units. It does a decent job for one room.

Thanks for the loaner offers. The RV makes for a great backup plan. These temps are not fun.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
The unit is 7 years old. Hasn't been cooling like it should, on these hotter days. Was feeling like it needed freon added. Then this.

All breakers are good. Nothing tripped.

I operated a Fluke Authorized Service Center, but never worked with A/C. My problem now, is breathing with this heat.
30 amp slow blow fuses checked?

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have done that many times.
Works with breakers, too.
Even with a cheap meter, just a pass/fail test.

Love my Fluke 87, but the old 25 is my favorite. Or, at least, until gave it to Son, when Company moved him to maintenance.

Thanks, hope the vid helps all.
I started out with a Fluke 25, went to the 87 but left it in a ceiling somewhere. :scream: :explode:
Now I have a 117.

Latest posts

Top Bottom