A FINE day it is

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sure glad you got it fixed....no one needs to be stuck in this heat. Now if @MilitantBEEMER will check in.
Thinking I might have brought on myself.

At church Wednesday night, Pastor said church a/c had just been serviced. Seemed there was a problem EVERY su.mer. I said, well it doesn't get turned on in winter.

Got home, after church and mine was dead.

Great business to be in, never run out of work, IF you can tolerate the heat.
A/C is a gotta have.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

At church Wednesday night, Pastor said church a/c had just been serviced. Seemed there was a problem EVERY su.mer. I said, well it doesn't get turned on in winter.

A/C is a gotta have.
It is seasonal

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score

A/C is a gotta have.
When A&T Mechanical installed my new unit, they put it in the attic, in August, with 5 people, in one day!!! I kept running and getting ice water and ice tea for them. One fella had long sleeves. That kid was tougher than an old boot.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So compressor is fine and the coils have a for now small leak. Had it recharged and will see what happens. They are saying $2500-$3000 for new coils. If I can get through an another season a a few hundred for recharge, I will do that.
Got the house down to 67 earlier today and now with the late afternoon heat it is at 70 (which is normal in hot days)

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So compressor is fine and the coils have a for now small leak. Had it recharged and will see what happens. They are saying $2500-$3000 for new coils. If I can get through an another season a a few hundred for recharge, I will do that.
Got the house down to 67 earlier today and now with the late afternoon heat it is at 70 (which is normal in hot days)
Good...I was worried about you too.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a good reminder that we should all keep a spare run capacitor on hand.
And some slow blow fuses.

1724013030374.png

I buy them in pairs and replace them in pairs. I keep the one that are used and still test good as spares.

Latest posts

Top Bottom