A good .22LR semi or revolver?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On your Ruger, install a Volquartsen drop-in sear. That should give you a trigger pull pretty close to 2 1/2lbs and makes for a great shooter/target pistol. Try every brand type of ammo you can to find the ones that shoot the tightest groups and and the ones that don't put a big hole in the billfold. IMHO, for a companion gun, a single action(Ruger Single Six possibly) would be a good choice. If you go the rifle route, the 10/22 would be good(tons of aftermarket mods) or a bolt action like a Savage with an Accu-Trigger might also be a good choice.

Last edited:

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
A S&W Model 18 or an old K-22 are nice, but pricey choices. Beretta makes a Model 87 that is nice. The H&R Double 9 revolvers are pretty cool.

It really depends on what you want to do with it. I'm sure your dad could line you out on the classic vs. modern debate.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love my Buckmark. It happily eats anything I feed it, save for Remington Golden Bullet, which are crap no matter what you put them in (or were when I stopped using them years ago). Federal bulk pack is great.

I also have a Single Six, and it's a tack driver as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom