A Good Shop that Rebuilds Ford Small Blocks ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We're staring at 4.00 a gallon and you guys are trying to eke every bit of horsepower out like the beach Boys are still on the charts with Good Vibrations. I would go bone stock whatever I did.

Bone stock does not necessarily mean better mpgs. The more efficient the cylinder heads, camshaft, intake and exhaust, the better the output and fuel economy. You can make 500 hp with a new LS series GM engine with a turbo and get 20 mpgs, but that same stock engine in a truck in stock form gets 14. It's all in the application and tuning.

My Buick GS has a heavily modified Buick 350 engine that has a massive cam (240 duration @.050), & heavily ported heads. Stock it made 265 hp and got about 15-17 mpgs. Now it makes 400 hp, 414 ft lbs of torque and get 14-15 mpgs on the the highway. more horsepower does not always mean less fuel economy.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
We're staring at 4.00 a gallon and you guys are trying to eke every bit of horsepower out like the beach Boys are still on the charts with Good Vibrations. I would go bone stock whatever I did.

Nobody buys an early bronco with the intent on saving money or for good fuel milage:)

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm gonna sell my 90 GMC either right before or right after I move back(probably before). Then I'm gonna drop the 460 in my garage in an older ford(still haven't decided what exactly - stepside or bronco).....fuel mileage be damned. It can't be that much worse than what I have been paying/using(5.7L V8 @ CA gas prices)......:lookaroun

Latest posts

Top Bottom