A Little FN FiveseveN Humor/Education

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First video is of a flak jacket, not a bullet proof vest.

And the second video is of a 1994 vest, it even says in the pictures he takes that it expires 5 years from DOM.

Find me some videos of real vests that aren't expired being fired at.

ExSniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
dumb employees are nothing more than know-it-all customers on the clock.

Exactly!

If someone is rude or hateful that is one thing, but if they are trying to be helpful but they are misinformed that is another. Lots of shooters seem to be very much overly sensitive, especially if someone is talking about "their" gun.

AtomicTango

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think you were a little hard on them. The PMR holds 30, and it would be easy to cross that up in one's mind during a conversation about the FiveSeven. I had one, and I sure wouldn't feel safe wearing a vest on the other side of it.

The funny thing, for me it is usually the help at the gunshops that are rude and condescending. Except Sooner Guns and Sportsworld- they are very friendly.

Sportsworld is awesome, one of the better shops I've been to. 2A Shooting Center has a good amount of stock on hand and they are always really cool too. Oklahoma Police Supply are good guys, and I've had good experience with Bill's Sporting Goods in Claremore too.

Unfortunately for you, TCummings, all these places are in the Tulsa area. I can understand where you are coming from through, I've had some sour local shop experiences too, luckily I have fall backs.

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly!

If someone is rude or hateful that is one thing, but if they are trying to be helpful but they are misinformed that is another. Lots of shooters seem to be very much overly sensitive, especially if someone is talking about "their" gun.

I've only had the gun for a week, but I do a lot of research on guns all the time (there are many hours at work that are down time waiting so I do research). I would just hope that if your going to work somewhere, no matter what job it is, that you would educate yourself a bit and not just go off of what you have heard, I did this with every job I have been in. I did not mean for this thread to bash or be rude, rather just to let people know to do their research.

And also I don't have a "my gun" issue because like many others on this forum I buy and sell almost all the time and have not held onto any specific gun for more than 3 months haha.

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's a pretty awesome promotion. Unfortunately mine came with just 3-20 round mags, and every one I've seen has only come with the 20 round mags.

So it seems that my knowledge only applies to current production. Learn something new everyday....

Latest posts

Top Bottom