A Little FN FiveseveN Humor/Education

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xnavychief

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So some came with 30 rounders(promotion or not), and it will in fact penetrate body armor with the specified round(older versions proven on video). Doesn't seem like the kid got much wrong.

Last edited:

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So some came with 30 rounders(promotion or not), and it will in fact penetrate body armor with the specified round(older versions proven on video). Doesn't seem like the kid got much wrong.

Yes and no. Current production does not include 30 round magazines, and from what I have found the 30 round promo was run for a very short period. The bullet "proof" vests in the videos were either Flak Vests or Level 2 without a trauma plate and expired. I am pretty sure there are no police forces running around with flak vests or expired bullet "proof" vests. Sure the videos show the ammo piercing through the vests but again these are not standard circumstances when talking about police forces.

By spreading half truths about armor piercing capability it gives those who want more gun control just that much more reason to want to ban certain weapons and ammunition.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can't expect some counter sales guy that makes $10-12 an hour to know much. If they are as smart as you're wanting them to be, they're probably not counter help.

That said, there's plenty of ammo you can buy that will go through a vest that doesn't meet Oklahoma's definition of "armor piercing". I've seen plenty of surplus steel 9mm, 7.62x25, 7.62x39, and 5.45x39 go through "armor". It also depend on what kind of armor you are talking about, but I can't see anyone wasting the money to buy new body armor to video for youtube videos. There are also several 5.7x28 offerings available that will go through a lot of vests. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the 5.7x28 so I haven't investigated this much in relations to this caliber.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I bought my 5.7 pistol it came with 3 20 rnd and 3 30 rnd mags and 5 50 rnd boxes of ammo all in factory FN boxes all together they even gave me a t shirt and hat from FN.

i wish they sold stuff like that online! I saw a guy at OFAST last year with a FN hat on and asked him where he got it. He said it was at an event were FN set up and that he hasnt seen anything else like that since.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While its true that vests do expire, its not like they are good one day and bad the next. They expire based on the materials degrading over time. A brand new vest is not the same as a 1 yr old, 2 yr old, etc. I am not sure at what level of degradation it occurs at, but there are certainly videos out there that show 5.7 rounds piercing them. And the hot rounds are not hard to get either, there are still a lot of the early run rounds that FN made out there that will pierce the vests too.

So if my life depends on the vest, would these make me a bit more nervous? Not really, so far, based on the statistics that I have seen, the level of crime that the 5.7 has been involved in is very low compared to most other gun crimes combined. I think its high cost, less ammo availability (and cost) make it more a novelty than a gun of choice for a criminal who, unless they get lucky and steal one, are going to prefer a common and cheap gun. I would guess that more 5.7's sit in a safe of a gun enthusiast than get carried, and those that do carry one are CCW license holders.

Latest posts

Top Bottom