A moment of silence please.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
A moment of silence please. Ann's Chicken Fry has closed for good after 50 years.
I saw that on the news this morning. I never got around to trying it out.

Benton's Cafe, downtown Shawnee, closed this week after 71 years.
old-school-and-reminds.jpg

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Here's my short list for great chicken-fried steak.....

Chuck House ---- NW 10th & Meridian
Sherri's Diner ---- SW 59th between Walker and Western
Curtis Watson's --- I-40 & McLoud Road
Libbey's Cafe ---- I-35 & Goldsby Road

You won't go wrong with any of these! Any of these could be #1 on any given day.
Hmmm...I think I have my weekend meals lined up now. [emoji16]

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw that on the news this morning. I never got around to trying it out.

Benton's Cafe, downtown Shawnee, closed this week after 71 years.View attachment 187436

Yes lots of small local restaurants will die because of this virus and the lock down crap. Wife and I have been trying to eat out whenever we can at a locally owned place. Chains like Sonic will survive but places like Ann's will close. Even small chains like Johnnies and Del Rancho could be hit hard as the virus gets worse and Joe Bidet is talking about a national lock down.

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes lots of small local restaurants will die because of this virus and the lock down crap. Wife and I have been trying to eat out whenever we can at a locally owned place. Chains like Sonic will survive but places like Ann's will close. Even small chains like Johnnies and Del Rancho could be hit hard as the virus gets worse and Joe Bidet is talking about a national lock down.
This has already happened. what else can you pin on Bidet or Biden at this time?

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seems there is a chance that Ann’s will survive, at least for a little more. I caught part of a story that ownership often building is goin* to change so that Ann’s can continue. So maybe, some of yo7 will get a chance to try it out. We have always enjoyed eating there.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This has already happened. what else can you pin on Bidet or Biden at this time?

No there has not been a national lock down, or even a national mask mandate. Trump left it up to the governors in each state to decide. Did you forget the outrage from the left when he suggested lock downs? They said he could not tell the governors how to run their state, so he did not.

Now Bidet is talking about a national mask mandate and a lock down.

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No there has not been a national lock down, or even a national mask mandate. Trump left it up to the governors in each state to decide. Did you forget the outrage from the left when he suggested lock downs? They said he could not tell the governors how to run their state, so he did not.

Now Bidet is talking about a national mask mandate and a lock down.
Awesome Rick

Latest posts

Top Bottom