A New Jersey man gets seven years for being a responsible gun owner.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Holy crap!

You've been scarce around here Mons....good to see you popping up (even though we disagree on this one)

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We are ruled by law aren't we? Not by powertripping judges, right?

A judge who denies jurors any law, period, whether applicable or not, should be immediately disbarred, and convicted of whatever's necessary to prevent them from ever having anything to do with the legal system in this country again.

#$%^&*(*&^%$

Agreed!

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Holy crap!

You've been scarce around here Mons....good to see you popping up (even though we disagree on this one)

Yeah, life has been "happening" lately, but I've been lurking from time to time.

I think the best argument for the guy to NOT be in jail is that NJ's laws as written are almost impossible to comply with in certain situations. Thus, a 2A claim might be workable there.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The law is horribly written, probably on purpose.

One should take that into consideration before throwing guns in the trunk to drive to Mom's house.

kgull85

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is another reason everyone should know about "jury nullification".

"Jury nullification occurs when a jury returns a verdict of "Not Guilty" despite its belief that the defendant is guilty of the violation charged. The jury in effect nullifies a law that it believes is either immoral or wrongly applied to the defendant whose fate that are charged with deciding."

cernstus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are going to see more of this folks. Judges have taken the new role of writing the law instead of inforcing it. The judicial branch taking over the role of the legislative branch. I'm a judge, I don't like all the aspects of this law, so I'll only instruct the parts I like and leave the rest out in my instructions to the jury. Not right and not within the spirit of the law. That is tantamount to a dictatorship, not a free society.
just my 2 cents.

frankos72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've sent my letter to Gov. Christie's office asking him to investigate the case and offer a pardon if he finds the facts to be that he didn't actually commit a crime.

Latest posts

Top Bottom