A New Jersey man gets seven years for being a responsible gun owner.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A comment at http://tigerhawk.blogspot.com/2010/12/governor-awesomes-christmas-moment.html

According to his Facebook page, his sentence has been commuted, which means that he still has this conviction, but his conviction is being appealed. If New Jersey's appellate courts overturn the conviction, the judge who sentenced Aiken will get pimp-slapped AND all of New Jersey will have slightly more sane gun laws. A pardon doesn't help to correct the underlying flaws of a bad judge and a bad law.

Of course, if his conviction is upheld, Christie can pardon him.

frankos72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Yeah, this makes it sound like Cristie actually made a really sane move.

According to his Facebook page, his sentence has been commuted, which means that he still has this conviction, but his conviction is being appealed. If New Jersey's appellate courts overturn the conviction, the judge who sentenced Aiken will get pimp-slapped AND all of New Jersey will have slightly more sane gun laws. A pardon doesn't help to correct the underlying flaws of a bad judge and a bad law.

Of course, if his conviction is upheld, Christie can pardon him.

If he wins the appeals case, it could help fix the laws in NJ.

In fact I guess in theory, he could take this all the way to the Supreme court if he continues to loose. Perhaps it's time for the NRA ILA to start helping this guy with his case.

Time to write them.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, this makes it sound like Cristie actually made a really sane move.

If he wins the appeals case, it could help fix the laws in NJ.

In fact I guess in theory, he could take this all the way to the Supreme court if he continues to loose. Perhaps it's time for the NRA ILA to start helping this guy with his case.

Time to write them.

They usually prefer to come in at the 11th hour and take over the case just as it's about to be won. :(

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
great news... hope his conviction gets over turned!!

still convicted felon with a commutation is a LOT better than being locked up for years.

keensaber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What a terrifying story! This case is exactly why I try to avoid places like New Jersey, New York, Maryland, DC, Delaware, California and other states that have developed to be almost communist states.

I think it is terrible that the guy had to even go to court in the first place. Are we not innocent until proven guilty? What a crock!

Latest posts

Top Bottom