A question for the open carry crowd

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So with all the "no weapons allowed" and "No open carry" signs popping up everywhere if you are open carrying what do you do? Do you take your gun off and go in unarmed? DO you just go somewhere else? I mean everyone says "concealed is concealed" which is what I have been doing. Nothing has changed for me I still dont "print" and no one is any the wiser that Im armed and ready also. BTW saw my first OCer yesterday. This guy had no clue about situational awareness. He was wearing a cheap uncle mikes nylon holster with a thin belt. It was a S&W compact with NO type of retention whatsoever. Oh well....it'll make a nice prize for someone who wants to take it from him.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With me the only difference in OC and CC is how I place my shirt. I wear a S&W SW9VE in a BlackHawk Sportster SERPA holster . As long as my shirt is big enough then I don't have problems. Also helps to have a wife who will go in when I can't.

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A theater in Tulsa posted a new sign saying no weapons after OC passed. The have an off-duty officer working security on busy nights, so I'm guessing they will probably enforce it.

I've only seen one OCer so far. No situational awareness. Could have taken the gun soooo easy. At least he had a SERPA...better than the Uncle Mikes.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A theater in Tulsa posted a new sign saying no weapons after OC passed. The have an off-duty officer working security on busy nights, so I'm guessing they will probably enforce it.

I've only seen one OCer so far. No situational awareness. Could have taken the gun soooo easy. At least he had a SERPA...better than the Uncle Mikes.

Is it though?

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I am open carrying (typically concealed, days like today is 80% concealed) if I see the sign I'll leave and go elsewhere. I do speak with my dollars - Moore Warren has no weapons signs - I don't go see movies there. I am just a drop in the bucket, but if others do the same it makes a difference. If I am shopping without carrying I may voice my opinion (probably will)

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just do the same as I've always done - don't patronize businesses where I'm not welcome, and make sure to let others on the Internet know, and perhaps go to sites like Google Places, Yelp, and Urban Spoon and leave a more current review or two.

That said, I don't carry much in the open. I just carry in a less concealed manner.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just do the same as I've always done - don't patronize businesses where I'm not welcome, and make sure to let others on the Internet know, and perhaps go to sites like Google Places, Yelp, and Urban Spoon and leave a more current review or two.

That said, I don't carry much in the open. I just carry in a less concealed manner.

This is the same for me. It is nice to not have to worry about printing.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I am open carrying (typically concealed, days like today is 80% concealed) if I see the sign I'll leave and go elsewhere. I do speak with my dollars - Moore Warren has no weapons signs - I don't go see movies there. I am just a drop in the bucket, but if others do the same it makes a difference. If I am shopping without carrying I may voice my opinion (probably will)

The Moore Warren changed these signs months ago to "No Open Carry" signs. They are perfectly fine with concealed carry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom