AC issue, need advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XChosen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On Thursday my AC stopped blowing cold air. I checked out everything I could to no avail. Everything seemed to be functioning just not blowing cold. I called several places and only found one local guy to come out, all others were a week out. The guy came out and put 5lbs of r22. I watched the process and it was very low. Once he was done the cold air started flowing again and worked fine until today. Now I'm back to no cold air. The r22 is really expensive these days. My guess is I have a leak and that 5lbs is gone. Do I call back the same company or try and wait out a week until I get a better company.

Any suggestions on how to deal with this?

prophet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd call a hvac guy who will check for the leak and fix it before dumping in more freon.

Eta:
I can recommend kaul-Hammond to you as well.

XChosen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got an email into the company we will see if they respond. Is it really that hard to find an company that will do a good job without gutting you in the process?

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had same problem. They put in freon with a dye and found a leak in the heat exchanger in the attic. I was still under warranty for the part, but labor was about $800.

Teckinikally an evaporator is another heat exchanger.

technically the evaporator performs heat absorption, the heat transfer in a refrigerant cycle occurs in the condenser. of course he could have a geothermal heat pump mounted in his attic in which case his discription woul d be correct

Latest posts

Top Bottom