Academy (Handgun) Sales?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I expect to be sold what I ask for without being treated like a second class citizen. I didn't go in there asking for advice -- I went in asking for ammunition. What I got was advice -- and bad advice at that ... Men ... :tounge:

It was because you were in the wrong section of the store sweetie. Go back to the camping area, in the kitchen items and fix me a sammich!!:tounge:

Sheesh, wimmen!!:comfort:

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tried to buy a remington 700 there and made a mistake on ONE number on my zipcode......I asked to correct it and the young greasy haired kid said no and he said"I'm gonna hafta deny the sale". I took my business elsewhere after calling him a few choice words

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tried to buy a remington 700 there and made a mistake on ONE number on my zipcode......I asked to correct it and the young greasy haired kid said no and he said"I'm gonna hafta deny the sale". I took my business elsewhere after calling him a few choice words

Dang it, I hate it when they obey the law too! Can you imagine that just because you screw up and can't put the correct info on the form the first time that they aren't willing to pay a huge fine and go to jail for you? I think that is crazy, I always expect my local firearms dealers to be willing to be someones jailhouse girlfreind for me. Sure glad you berated him like that, I bet it sure helped. ANd I am glad to see you took your buisness else where, But then again you really didn't have any choice did you?

tool

Batman47

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

What store location was this? I always use the one on 81 and 169.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bought 2 pistols from there on the same night in Tulsa at the one on 41st on a Christmas Eve of all nights,but,guess I got lucky because I had a good experience and got what I wanted and got out of there pretty quick even though it was packed. I know to avoid the place on Christmas Eve now though. Ive since been back a few times to buy shoes and clothing and went to ask about ammo or something and got some puzzled looks to my questions. They dont know what theyre doing there any more than WalMart oil changers are mechanics. Some of them anyways.

Its kind of like me being a professional musician,guitarist, and going to Guitar Center to buy a guitar. Academy's gun counter is in one of the many retail places where you will almost always know or have to know more about a product that youre buying than your salesman,or saleswoman,because they hire them off the street and dont have time to train them before they quit or whatever.

Some times though places like Academy are better than the small gun shops with the hardcore superior knowledgable salesmen who try to make even knowledgable customers feel stupid just because they can. Not always. Not naming the stores, but I know of 2 gun shops/stores in Tulsa that have a couple of non smiling grumpy salesman who attempt to make you feel stupid. F em. I usually dont go buy something anyways unless I really need it and I try to know as much about stuff as I can, so I just try to get in and get what I want myself if I can without having to ask 'where' something is or any info about something I dont know about and get back out without any hassles. One of the places I bought a new pistol and a new tactical shotgun same day and I could swear it felt like they wanted me to be able to be denied the way they were acting during the paperwork and the phone call. They sure didnt act too happy to be getting my business. Unusual you would think when youre spending more than a thousand bucks with them. Guess they didnt like my looks or something.

I try not to expect too much out of sales people though any more these days because I know eventually I'm either going to get what I want some where. Getting to be more patient and understanding in my old age I guess.

I went upstairs last year at Bass Pro in BA while the wife was downstairs shopping to get a couple of extra 'mags' for a pistol and a few speedloaders. I went right to where I had bought a couple before. For some reason everything was moved and in different places from when I had been in there last,which was only about a month earlier,so I asked an older salesclerk just standing there where the pistol 'magazines' were and he took off with me following him and led me to the,'magazines'- "Handgunner""Guns&Ammo""Shooting""Combat Handguns",etcetc. Whooops. Not those kind of magazines I said. Huh? He looked puzzled. Then he got it and said,Oh,you mean 'clips',then takes off again and finally leads me to the 'other' magazines. No biggie. I got what I asked for. Lolll,try going in to that little shop on Admiral Place and asking where the 'clips' are. Hehehehahhaaa.

Cadesdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took a shotgun back bc it wouldn't fire. They said they would ship it to the Manuf. for me. I called after 1 month and was told it shipped out 2 days ago. BUT, I like Acad. overall

Sooner67

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No problems with Academy here,the one on 81st and 169 is great bought my Sig 556 Swat there cheap as hell,talk to John or Andy if you go there they know their stuff......

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang it, I hate it when they obey the law too! Can you imagine that just because you screw up and can't put the correct info on the form the first time that they aren't willing to pay a huge fine and go to jail for you? I think that is crazy, I always expect my local firearms dealers to be willing to be someones jailhouse girlfreind for me. Sure glad you berated him like that, I bet it sure helped. ANd I am glad to see you took your buisness else where, But then again you really didn't have any choice did you?

tool

Usually when you make a mistake on 1 number on your zipcode on the 4473 you usually get a chance to fix your mistake. Thank you for being sarcastic and berating Mr Noob, you wernt there :finger::finger::finger:

Latest posts

Top Bottom