Academy has ammo.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
137   0   0
How good is Academy's Monarch ammo?
I've run a couple thousand rounds with no issues, but I'm not one of the "sub-moa at 100 yards with a pistol thru a chronograph" crowd. When I was heavy into competing, the 124gr 9mm brass monarch was all I ran against steel plates.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Thank you fellas. The spam can's of .223 was what I was looking at. It's brass and canned, lol.
I've shot a little of the .223 Monarch when reloading components were impossible to come by. Went bang every time, but it's not the most accurate out there for MY rifle. Your rifle may shoot it just fine.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I fear that re reaching the end of supply and things are going to start getting real tight.
probably have new normal price-per-round moving forward.
I've been unable to find any 9mm at Academy for the last few days.
Made an order from BP yesterday because they had some available.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The academy in BA on 81st st is almost out of all pistol ammo (save .22). Plus, shoplifting has gotten so bad on it they now keep what they have left behind the customer service desk (that tells you how little they have) and had nothing for 9mm or .40 s&w. Even their website is low on options.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
So hopefully this is a good sign. The Fiochi ammo that was $8 a box before CV ammo scare. I saw at a place they were selling it for $16.99 a month or so back. Today got an email they are selling it now for $12.99 hopefully thats a good sign. I also know I been getting emails almost daily from places trying to sell 1k of .223 green tips for $400 and its apparently not moving. Also today Midway USA has free shipping. First time I have seen any free shipping since February.

Latest posts

Top Bottom