Academy line for ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use to work at that Academy 20 years ago and I remember when 9mm was $6.99 a box. I wish I would of stocked up back then.
I remember Fred Baker got the first Magtech (I think it was) 9mm that I ever saw.
He had literally pallets of it sitting in the floor, brass case reloadable ammo, 50 round boxes for $5.
Why oh why didn't I buy a boxcar load of the stuff.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To be fair, with inflation factored in, $100 in 2003 is worth $143 today. That's what a case was last year IIRC. It's supply/demand driving everything up 4x at the moment.

Average price a year ago was ~.17 a round for 9mm.... unless it was Tula or something of the like. But yep, supply and demand. Too many panic buyers and newbies.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a pistol from SSP today and they have have 9mm fmj for $45 per box of 50. Stopped by H&H and they were unboxing 50 round boxes of 9mm hollowpoints for $47.50 per box.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
was in Academy in Edmond around noon, I have never seen the gun shelves and gun racks as bare as they are now. Not a single long gun in a wall rack, said they sell them as fast as they get anything in. sales guy said it wasn't unusual to have up to 80 people in line when they open all trying to find ammo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom