Acquired Crap

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
EDIT:

Tinkertanker beat me to my original comment, so I'll just throw in another thought. When the wife and I decided to sell our home and "stuff" and move into our RV full-time, we sold some stuff to relatives, had a couple or three garage sales, and donated a lot of stuff that we didn't figure many would spend money on. In reality, the more stuff we got rid of, the more liberated I felt.

Especially so after the sale of the house and property with absolutely NO NEED for lawn equipment.

Oh yes, it does. We go through the whole house every year. We generate several categories: throw away, donate, sell, reset it and/or organize it. It’s VERY freeing indeed. We threw out three garbage bags of stuff from the fridge, freezers and pantry yesterday and gave four bags of clothes to Salvation Army. And filled up the big rolling trash. Still have about half the house to go this week.
And then when tired, we watch Hoarders on Netflix for inspiration!

ETA: just went through both bathrooms. Another trash bag out the door!

Last edited:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m honestly trying to go through some stuff and downsize, but dang, it’s hard.
As I posted in another thread, I had to relocate some ammo today from my Mother’s place to mine, and I didn’t have any idea where I was going to put it. I ended up listing it on a local gun classifieds and sold 5000 rounds of 9mm and 2000 rounds of 223 within 30 minutes of placing the ad. I’ve still got more listed, but I haven’t had any more interest yet.
Selling off ammo hurts my heart, and my wife was shocked to find out I actually did it.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m honestly trying to go through some stuff and downsize, but dang, it’s hard.
As I posted in another thread, I had to relocate some ammo today from my Mother’s place to mine, and I didn’t have any idea where I was going to put it. I ended up listing it on a local gun classifieds and sold 5000 rounds of 9mm and 2000 rounds of 223 within 30 minutes of placing the ad. I’ve still got more listed, but I haven’t had any more interest yet.
Selling off ammo hurts my heart, and my wife was shocked to find out I actually did it.

Blasphemer!!!!

How dare you! (Insert meme of the girl from Norway or wherever over there that is the greenie with no weenie)

We didn’t get a chance at good ammo? Shocked, I tell ya, shocked. 😩

Last edited:

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I’ll admit it was priced to sell. I made money, and the buyer was really happy too.

Ya know, that ammo will keep just about anywhere and doesn’t require refrigeration. Heck, the mil just stores it in big warehouses or boxes, completely non-climate controlled.
Heck, I may just put some in my garage.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello. My name is Parks 788 and I'm a hoarder. Actually, I tend to collect stuff. Guy, garage, tool, parts/pieces type of stuff. I mentioned this in my other thread but back before we moved to OK i had my two car garage with alot of my stuff in there busint at the seams. It wasn't unorganized but just a lot of crap, useful crap. Lots of people and my wife said we should purge before we moved to OK. Well, I didn't purge and it was a big reason I made a second trip with our cargo trailer back to OK for our move. The funny thing now is, I've used a ton of stuff around our property that I was hoarding back in CA. My wife even admits it was good to keep a lot of my junk.

Latest posts

Top Bottom