Acquired Crap

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am amazed by how much crap I have acquired over 50 years. Some of it is pretty useless. All has some value to someone I guess? Just too good to throw away, one of the days I'm going to build XYZ. Wouldnt say a hoarder but pretty close.

I'm not a hoarder but Mrs. GED is borderline. She doesn't throw anything out. If I don't use something at least once in a 6 month period, out it goes!

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I moved around a lot in the past so I was forced to keep my "treasures" to a minimum. The last few years though, I've accumulated a full 2 car garage of junk that I'll use "some day", a yard full of motorized junk, and more tools than any of my grandparents or father had. I'm junk-rich.

I'm planning on making another move to be closer to family as I get nearer and nearer to meeting my maker and frankly I'm almost thinking about just throwing it all in a dumpster, packing my furniture and an overnight bag, and being done with it all. I have too much stuff to move.

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We moved out here to the barn in 2018, and it’s amazing how much crap I’ve accumulated just in that length of time. I grew up with a Grandfather that never threw anything away, so since he’s not here to defend himself, I blame my hoarding tendencies on him. :blush:
My Grandmother and Grandfather were just the same. They never threw anything away. Grand Ma's washed out and stored glass jars and the giant ball of tin foil are legendary in my family.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
When my wife and I married I had an 1100 sq ft two bedroom home and all the furniture that goes with that, a 1200 sq ft shop FULL of tools and welders and such, a 16 x 10 shed used for storage that had excess good "stuff" in it and a 16 x 24 building full of workout stuff, excess gun stuff (boxes and gun cases, etc...) and other necessary stuff that was too good to throw away.

She had a house about the same size but just one bedroom...but two large living rooms full of furniture. She's also kind of a prepper and had two 20' shipping containers full of stuff. Also had a 10 x 16 shop with tools and other stuff.

We tried moving all that into an 1100 sq ft house. Nope. We have a 900 sq ft metal building that is literally overflowing with the extra crap from both our homes. We're just about ready to find a contractor to build us a pole barn type building with a nice carport. It'll be for extra storage space, large pantry, workout space, 3 safes, etc. Then the metal shop bldg can house all the tools and tractor stuff.

I hate being unorganized and having to dig thru everything to find a tool or part I need and not having room to work on anything.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The wife and I go through our house a time or two a year. We throw out, donate or organize everything. We are doing that right now, as we did some Saturday and some yesterday. However, we have glossed over the garage and attic space the pst few years. Not doing that this year.
Also, the topic of my firearm collection “hoarding” came to light. I’ve been pressed to “downsize” my hobby. I don’t want to do that as I enjoy each and every one of my babies. But, the time may be coming, where I sell off the lower end stuff and upgrade. In fact, I’ve already started with a hunting shotgun and 6.5CM rifle. But, then I devise ways to keep my older ones, you know, just in case. The wife and I are at an impasse. I need another safe. The wife has put her foot down, but then this weekend, I got the “fine, so do what you’re going to do”. You older/more experienced guys: Any ideas if I should proceed? I think that this may be a tarp!?

Latest posts

Top Bottom