Acquired Crap

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sure as shooting’ if you get rid of it you’ll need something you tossed out. One time I had a good altenator I’d been saving for years and tossed it out and within a week I needed one. $60 later I had another!

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Trying to price stuff at my garage sale.

What is this worth?

What would you pay for it?

Frank Mossberg Number 7 Tool Kit
1683135419722.png

1683135450761.png

Funny sizes from 1921,

The socket sizes are 13/32, 15/32, 17/32, 19/32, 5/8, 21/32, 23/32, 25/32, 13/16, 27/32, 29/32, 1 inch, 1-1/32, and 1-3/32. All of the sockets are marked with the fractional size and Mossberg M Diamond logo

Last edited:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
My super power is keeping something for years just in case, and then throwing it away two weeks before I need it.

Or you can’t find it when you need it knowing it’s right here somewhere, then buying what you need and then finding it 2 weeks later when you don’t need it now.

Somewhere in these two quotes is a Country and Western song.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Neighbor could not find a socket to remove FORD lugnuts from his truck.
Seems the chrome caps all came off the lugnuts (Hate Those).

I had some of those odd 32 sizes and one fit.
I gave him that socket as I had 2 more.
Nothing in metric would fit those either.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I took some of my junk in the yard and built this for a friend today.
I ran out of oil base Varathane brand poly urethane though.

Maybe he can finish it later.
When it dries i will haul it to him.
My pictures suck..
This is another cedar bench.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    368.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    421.4 KB · Views: 0

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I want you all to know I feel your pain. Have you noticed that all those old sayings seem to get more true the older you get? This one is so true it's scary. "The things you own, will one day own you." Just look at all the remedies here, building several thousand dollar buildings to store a hundred dollars worth of stuff, or leaving a 40 or 50 thousand dollar pick up outside so you can keep inside, a 50 dollar mower, a few mason jars, a broom with a broken handle, and an old electric motor out of an air handler that you and McGiver were going to make a gattling gun out of. The queen and I started moving 4 years ago and we aren't done yet, I told everybody I only had 3 more trailer loads to go, that was 15 trailer loads ago, now I only have 2 more trailer loads to go. But, after this I'm going to put myself on a 5 year plan, meaning that after 5 years everything I own can fit in a duffel bag. Yeah, I know I won't make it, but it feels good to think about it.

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I took some of my junk in the yard and built this for a friend today.
I ran out of oil base Varathane brand poly urethane though.

Maybe he can finish it later.
When it dries i will haul it to him.
My pictures suck..
This is another cedar bench.
Are you sure you know where I live? LOL
Beautiful bench though, hope he likes it.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Our 900 sq ft metal storage building is just a freakin' mess. It has so much stuff in it that's just placed haphazardously that it makes finding anything nearly impossible.

But, I'm making progress on organizing and making space. These are the ammo pallets... Maybe now I can find what I want when I want to go shoot.

Ammo.jpg

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The wife and I go through our house a time or two a year. We throw out, donate or organize everything. We are doing that right now, as we did some Saturday and some yesterday. However, we have glossed over the garage and attic space the pst few years. Not doing that this year.
Also, the topic of my firearm collection “hoarding” came to light. I’ve been pressed to “downsize” my hobby. I don’t want to do that as I enjoy each and every one of my babies. But, the time may be coming, where I sell off the lower end stuff and upgrade. In fact, I’ve already started with a hunting shotgun and 6.5CM rifle. But, then I devise ways to keep my older ones, you know, just in case. The wife and I are at an impasse. I need another safe. The wife has put her foot down, but then this weekend, I got the “fine, so do what you’re going to do”. You older/more experienced guys: Any ideas if I should proceed? I think that this may be a tarp!?

Just get the safe. She said it was fine ... 🤷

Latest posts

Top Bottom