Active shooter, San Beradino, CA - Breaking News Wed 2 Dec

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
San Bernadino: suspects in car deseased.
Sated Ridwan Farook. 29 yrs old, and said to be an American citizen.

Female, deceased as well, her name is Tafsheen Malik, 27 years old.

Christmas party for employees, suspect is an environmental employee. Was at the party, left the party, left angry. Came back. ...

And this feigned anger was real? Or was it just part of his plan.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fox News is reporting the police say they are "pretty comfortable" the husband/wife team are the only two involved. So maybe there were only two shooters instead of three? We all know how eyewitness accounts are frequently inaccurate, especially early in the hours after something like this...

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FOX is reporting that they used AR's with hi-caps, not bullet buttons with 10 round mags. I'm calling BS right now. California passed the BB/mag cap laws to protect people. There's no way those laws failed! :rolleyes2

This link has a running recap:

http://news.yahoo.com/san-bernadino-shooting-live-coverage-193436110.html

What we know so far:

•At least 14 people were killed and 17 others injured in a shooting at the Inland Regional Center in San Bernardino, Calif., Wednesday.
•Two shooters opened fire inside the facility — which serves people with developmental disabilities — and fled in a dark SUV, police said.
•Hours later, an SUV matching the description led police on high-speed chase during which shots were fired at police.
•Two suspects — 28-year-old Syed Rizwan Farook and 27-year-old Tashfeen Malik — were killed during the police pursuit. Both were wearing tactical gear and carrying assault rifles and handguns. The pair are believed to have been married or engaged.

•Farook, a county employee, became angry and left a party at the Inland Regional Center, police said.
•No motive was immediately released, but officials have not ruled out terrorism.

•One officer was wounded and transported to a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

•Another person, a male who was seen leaving the area, was taken into custody. It's unclear if that person was involved in the shooting earlier in the day.
•The shooters were armed with long guns and were wearing what appeared to be ski masks and vests, witnesses said.
•“These were people who came prepared,” San Bernardino Police Chief Jarrod Burguan told reporters. “They came in with a purpose, with an intent to do something.”
•Burguan added: “We have no information at this point to indicate that this is terrorist-related, in the traditional sense that people may be thinking. Obviously, at a minimum, we have a domestic-terrorist-type situation.”
•A suspicious device left at the center is "believed to be an explosive device," he said.
•Officials are searching an apartment in Redlands, Calif., in a raid related to the rampage.
•President Obama called for stricter gun control in the wake of the shootings.
•It is believed to be the deadliest mass shooting in the United States since Sandy Hook

I can't find it now, but I read somewhere that one of Farouk's neighbors said a lot of packages had been delivered to the residence and that 3-4 Middle Eastern men were seen working at the residence late into the night.

FOX is also reporting that the couple wore GoPro cameras during the attack. This report quotes the SBPD Chief as saying:
Burguan said it was obvious the couple had engaged in "some degree of planning" in the attack. He said no motive had been discovered for the massacre, but added that terrorism has not been ruled out. He said three explosive devices were found in the building and disposed of, while a robot was deployed at the house in Redlands to search for possible explosives.

If these reports are verified, then I fail to see how this one can be pegged to workplace violence. There's simply too much planning and the whole GoPro angle would tend to indicate terrorism. :(

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While we are speculating, maybe they were preparing to hit another target but when the guy got mad they decided to go with the SS facility.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's a possibility we've been discussing this morning. Is it workplace violence or terrorism? Why can't it be both? :anyone:

Yup. Good target to be radicalized...disgruntled employee. Hook him up with some jihadi poon and some handlers.

Couples were used in some attacks in Iraq and one of the Paris cell was a woman. Nothing "out of the ordinary", just new here.

I think the "disagreement at a party" is being overplayed. One man who was interviewed said the guy "left quietly".

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yup. Good target to be radicalized...disgruntled employee. Hook him up with some jihadi poon and some handlers.

Couples were used in some attacks in Iraq and one of the Paris cell was a woman. Nothing "out of the ordinary", just new here.

I think the "disagreement at a party" is being overplayed. One man who was interviewed said the guy "left quietly".

Terrorist planning 101: Do a final scout of your target immediately prior to the attack, to make sure security hasn't been beefed up or any other factor arises that may thwart your plan. :(

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Common sence gun laws include no one on the no fly list being able to buy firearms... FBI states these people were not on their radar what so ever. Common sence gun laws would not have saved these people. One the "ak15s and ar47s" these people used are already under strict ban in california, so they were not purchased leagally, however if they were purchased leagally there was nothing that common sence gun laws would have done to prevent this... P.S. I have Pmags for sale, $50 a piece.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Check this out, TR, recently I was at Mercy in Ada. They had the gunbuster signs on the front doors. I walked in there and saw the security guards - UNARMED!

Yup. Hospitals are very unprepared. My wife is a nurse. She recently discovered one of her patients, who had just been admitted, still had his legally carried pistol in his pocket. She's comfortable with guns and didn't freak out...but for obvious reasons dealing with a cardiac patient, she couldn't let him keep it on him. The House nurse didn't know what to do and called security. Hospital "security" was clueless and refused to secure it for the patient even though they have a safe for other high value patient posessions. My wife offered to take it and lock it up in her locker but they wouldn't allow that.

In the end they had to call the cops, who were very cool about it. They secured it, gave him a receipt and a direct number to call when he got released so he could get it back.

For the majority of Americans, there is an insane aversion to guns, even lawfully carried ones, that works against us. Banning them outright will just make it worse.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was to young to recall the clinton era gun ban I was 10 in 94 so the gun industry was normal for me coming of age. So I dont know the crazy it caused, I do know sandy hook and how ****** that was. I think it might be where were going again unfortunately. I hate to see the crazy that ammo shortages causes. And god forbid an Australian type ban/ confiscation. Next will come all the 3%er posts. Sorry for my rants. My thoughts and prayers go out to the firearm industry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom