Afghan Child Sexual Abuse Ignored by US Military

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Who are we to judge? " appears to be the official position of the U.S. Govt and military.

...Rampant sexual abuse of children has long been a problem in Afghanistan, particularly among armed commanders who dominate much of the rural landscape and can bully the population. The practice is called bacha bazi, literally “boy play,” and American soldiers and Marines have been instructed not to intervene — in some cases, not even when their Afghan allies have abused boys on military bases, according to interviews and court records.

The policy has endured as American forces have recruited and organized Afghan militias to help hold territory against the Taliban. But soldiers and Marines have been increasingly troubled that instead of weeding out pedophiles, the American military was arming them in some cases and placing them as the commanders of villages — and doing little when they began abusing children.

“The reason we were here is because we heard the terrible things the Taliban were doing to people, how they were taking away human rights,” said Dan Quinn, a former Special Forces captain who beat up an American-backed militia commander for keeping a boy chained to his bed as a sex slave. “But we were putting people into power who would do things that were worse than the Taliban did — that was something village elders voiced to me.”

The policy of instructing soldiers to ignore child sexual abuse by their Afghan allies is coming under new scrutiny, particularly as it emerges that service members like Captain Quinn have faced discipline, even career ruin, for disobeying it.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/21/world/asia/us-soldiers-told-to-ignore-afghan-allies-abuse-of-boys.html?_r=1

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We've abdicated any claim to moral superiority over these savages, when we stand by and do nothing when faced with one of the most basic human rights violations in existence. Ordering our soldiers to do nothing is an illegal order IMO.

Any commander telling their troops to ignore this is a disgrace to the uniform they wear. I am truly ashamed of them. :(

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its just the "norm", don't worry about it. <sarcasm>

Amazing how 3.8% of the adult population who identified themselves as lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender in Gallup Daily tracking in the first four months of this year are controlling the way we are required to think these days.

fudge packing is the new "norm".

TenBears

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Amazing how 3.8% of the adult population who identified themselves as lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender in Gallup Daily tracking in the first four months of this year are controlling the way we are required to think these days.

Maybe the afghanis are born that way, and we are not progressive enough to understand.

Edit-YET

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my time out there I definitely saw a lot of guys loving on other guys, but none of his boy loving crap. Nor did I hear of it. I'm not saying it's right or that it didn't happen. I'm just a guy, and was just a Marine there to accomplish a mission. I feel that punishing and accusing Marines and soldiers for turning a blind eye to something they weren't even there for is a bit wrong. Just cause someone is in the same area as something doesn't mean they have complete control over everything. I mean, what's next.... Cops are rapist enablers because they drove past a house where someone was being raped without going door to door asking if anyone was planning on raping someone?

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my time out there I definitely saw a lot of guys loving on other guys, but none of his boy loving crap. Nor did I hear of it. I'm not saying it's right or that it didn't happen. I'm just a guy, and was just a Marine there to accomplish a mission. I feel that punishing and accusing Marines and soldiers for turning a blind eye to something they weren't even there for is a bit wrong. Just cause someone is in the same area as something doesn't mean they have complete control over everything. I mean, what's next.... Cops are rapist enablers because they drove past a house where someone was being raped without going door to door asking if anyone was planning on raping someone?

It is much worse than that. Read the whole article. The soldiers who are on the ground are not being punished for letting child rape happen. They are being ordered to ignore child rape and being punished if they interfere to stop it from happening.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

What does being gay, bisexual or transgender in the U.S. have anything to do with any of this here? These people are animals.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just can't fathom this whole culture... they want to control women, make Islam the national religion and the judicial system based on Sharia law, and yet they diddle little boys (OR girls) on a widespread scale?

I understand it is hypocritical - but damn... seems like they should be strung up in the streets by their own guards. I dunno. Just a sick and twisted affair.

And I agree that gays/lesbians by and large have nothing to do with this.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
“The reason we were here is because we heard the terrible things the Taliban were doing to people, how they were taking away human rights,” said Dan Quinn, a former Special Forces captain who beat up an American-backed militia commander for keeping a boy chained to his bed as a sex slave. “But we were putting people into power who would do things that were worse than the Taliban did — that was something village elders voiced to me.”

That guy oughtta be given two medals. One for beating the f*** outta the pervert, and another for managing to restrain himself enough not to kill the MFer - just so he can be tortured to death under Sharia law.

Latest posts

Top Bottom