Agressive Hogs!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just got a call from my game warden buddy and one of our friends took his granddaughter hunting this morning. She shot a doe up north of Glencoe and they field dressed it and drug it to the truck . They had just loaded it up and heard a noise behind them and there was a herd of 35 hogs following the blood trail. They jumped in the back of the truck and he said the hogs just swarmed arond it. The friend is a retired OK state meat inspector and knows livestock well. He said there were 2 boars in the bunch over 500 lbs and that one was a big red one that was extremely agressive and dented his truck in several places hitting it trying to get at the doe. I am going to try to go see his truck tomorrow to confirm but that sounds like the most agressive hogs I have ever heard of. I have never seen one try to attack that way. I am in the stand now on a place that has hogs and I am going to carry a heavier caliber pistol from now on when I hunt. WOW!

TerryP

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glad your friend and his grand d are ok.
There are now critters in the OK woods that concern me.
The rising population and agressive nature of feral hogs is indeed alarming. T.P.

crg1372

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad your friend and his grand d are ok.
There are now critters in the OK woods that concern me.
The rising population and agressive nature of feral hogs is indeed alarming. T.P.

+1

I've been charged a couple times by hogs going to the feeders. Now down here it appears there some mountain lions in the woods. Not to mention alligators becoming more common. One was caught not to long ago close to here and released back into its natural habitat(Lake Texoma).

Survivor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While hunting deer at a WMA I shot a sow which weighed about 150 pounds field dressed and saw pig sign all over the place. Anyway I met a hunter who told me not to go back into a certain area of it because he had been chased out of it by a huge boa. He said that he would never go in that area again.

That didn't stop me from going in that area but then again when I am armed I'm not afraid of anything.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While hunting deer at a WMA I shot a sow which weighed about 150 pounds field dressed and saw pig sign all over the place. Anyway I met a hunter who told me not to go back into a certain area of it because he had been chased out of it by a huge boa. He said that he would never go in that area again.

That didn't stop me from going in that area but then again when I am armed I'm not afraid of anything.

I don't blame him. I don't care for big snakes either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom