AK over AR?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll bite. I chose the M-14, because, even though it can use high-capacity mags, it's not scary looking. And without the pistol grip, you can't just spray deadly bullets everywhere. Plus, most of them them are equipped with iron sights, as opposed to those nifty electronic red dots, so I know they can't be accurate at long distances. Plus, a lot of old guys like'em, so their probably less likely to hurt anyone with them as well. They just safer.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even though your choice is not even a part of the discussion, I am compelled to ask why you would choose a weapon so decidedly inferior to either the ar or ak?

I'll bite. I chose the M-14, because, even though it can use high-capacity mags, it's not scary looking. And without the pistol grip, you can't just spray deadly bullets everywhere. Plus, most of them them are equipped with iron sights, as opposed to those nifty electronic red dots, so I know they can't be accurate at long distances. Plus, a lot of old guys like'em, so their probably less likely to hurt anyone with them as well. They just safer.

Fortunately, our sarcasm cancels each other out. Dont want to be crossing the streams here.

Last edited:

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, do we need a double elimination bracket defined for all options? Matchups decided by limited time poll. We'd probably have to include variant in each time including barrel length, folding vs. non folding, optics vs irons. It would be.... insane!

rgoodjr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depends, how are on maintaining and cleaning guns? if you are good at maintaining an AR its good, if not AK.

Also depends on what you plan to use it for, you can get better long range accuracy from an AR.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, for one that isn't an expert, I'd say that I'd have to do some research with this topic. The end-all of the choice of a "superior" weapon would be the actual use of said weapons.

Therefore, to assist me in my research, I suggest we choose a date and location and all of you guys bring your favorite rifle (complete with at least 25 rounds of ammo) and I'll shoot all of your rifles as my research.

But, since M-14's were also mentioned, I'd have to say that we should extend this research to cover all 30 caliber variants of rifles, including the M-1 Garand.

Y'all provide the firearms/ammo and I'll provide the shoulder.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, for one that isn't an expert, I'd say that I'd have to do some research with this topic. The end-all of the choice of a "superior" weapon would be the actual use of said weapons.

Therefore, to assist me in my research, I suggest we choose a date and location and all of you guys bring your favorite rifle (complete with at least 25 rounds of ammo) and I'll shoot all of your rifles as my research.

But, since M-14's were also mentioned, I'd have to say that we should extend this research to cover all 30 caliber variants of rifles, including the M-1 Garand.

Y'all provide the firearms/ammo and I'll provide the shoulder.

Seriously? If you haven't shot an AR and would like to give me shout, I have 2 in 5.56, one in 300AAC blackout and 1 in .22lr(dedicated upper not a 22 rifle or conversion kit)

Latest posts

Top Bottom