Alignment tool???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cause;
Occasionally there will be a case that has a slightly oversized extractor grove or rim, it is pushed into the first station in what amounts to an interference fit. This becomes an issue when the round meets up with the ejector wire. The indexing ring is plastic. First one took 2-3 impacts before failing. I learned to slow down on the return stroke but it still takes a little shot here and there. This one lasted about 7 years, if we haven’t all been eaten by Rona infected zombie protesters by 2025 I will just tear it down and replace it as part of normal maintenance.

Fyrtwuck - thank you

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Appreciate the offering but it’s back up and running, I just eyeballed it like last time.
As loose as this thing is on the top end that is close enough to make it run.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had my 650 for well over a decade now and never had a tool or needed one. If it is so important I can’t believe they would not put one in the spare parts kit or maintenance kit they offer

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Update,

Box from Scottsdale waiting in the mailbox today.
For anyone looking into buying a progressive press, here is how they handle warranty claims.
Doubled up on the failed parts and even threw in some primer pickup tube tips!
To top it all off got them here fairly quick when you can’t even find a new one to buy.
23F3038B-28F9-4333-AB0A-886E42278722.png

Rustygun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have Had a 550 for about 10 years and the alignment tool Came with it, and honestly have never used it. Recently rebuilt two 650’s and never used it there either.

As a testament to Dillon ... I recently bought two Used 650’s and one had a broken index ring. I had ordered a spare parts kit and the ring was included in the kit so it must be a common failure point on the 650.
I installed the one I had but Now I have none. Contacted dillon and asked if they had an upgrade or had a material design change as this appears to be a weak point. They asked for my address and An hour later I got a notice that a package is on its way with a new index ring, no charge.

We will see if they included anything else. It will be like Christmas.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom