All the Walmart gougers ready?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pen25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
isnt this what the free market is all about? gov control cant be good if it only benefits you and not me. you either accept a free market or you dont.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've told a few people that I'm surprised a few guys haven't responded to their armslist ads, met them somewhere, and beat the hell out of a few of them. Hard to believe it hasn't happened yet. People seem to be really emotionally charged over this issue.

I'm surprised some folks haven't set the alarm clock early, and gone in to beat them at their own game. Or are they somehow preventing others from doing this?

pen25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One man's market manipulation is another's free market. The shells will sell for what ever the market will bear. It is what we hear all the time on Fox news and what the gop wants. And as a libertarian it's the way it should be. I don't like it. But you invite regulation or you dont

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just got some American Eagle 40 grain .22lr from Walmart in Shawnee for about $2.50 for a box of 50. Limit of 3 per day. They had about 20 boxes on the shelf as well as some under counter. I saw the lady pull a box out.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you accept market manipulation as "free market", then yes it is.

Wait, what? Who or whom is manipulating the market?

I, as a free individual, have the right and ability to get up at 4:00 AM and post up at the counter at any number of Super Walmart's around this great state of ours, Oklahoma, and beat any of the "Gougers" to the first 3 boxes. (Insert I for you as well)

If anything, Wal-Mart is stifling the free market by limiting the purchases to 3 boxes. To whit, you can also apply at the great State of Oklahoma for a sales tax permit and incorporate Glocktogo's Ammo and buy all that you want to pay for, sell it for what you want to anyone you want so long as you don't violate the Fed's discrimination laws.

So how is the market being manipulated?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The gougers are manipulating the market, pure and simple. Without them, I could go to Walmart and buy my three boxes for the market price. With them, I haven't been able to buy or even see a single box at Walmart in well over a year. I cannot afford to pay $60+ for a bulk pack that costs $20. Even if I could, I wouldn't because I would be perpetuating their manipulative and unethical behavior. My conscience will not allow it. Therefore, they are preventing me from shooting .22lr as much as I'd like.

I really don't understand how you don't get that. And to beat the dead horse for you again, it's legal and in the purest sense, it IS free market and free enterprise. That doesn't make it right. I still have my 1st Amendment rights to call you an unethical, ********* gouger if you engage in the practice, so there! :D

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The gougers are manipulating the market, pure and simple. Without them, I could go to Walmart and buy my three boxes for the market price. With them, I haven't been able to buy or even see a single box at Walmart in well over a year. I cannot afford to pay $60+ for a bulk pack that costs $20. Even if I could, I wouldn't because I would be perpetuating their manipulative and unethical behavior. My conscience will not allow it. Therefore, they are preventing me from shooting .22lr as much as I'd like.

I really don't understand how you don't get that. And to beat the dead horse for you again, it's legal and in the purest sense, it IS free market and free enterprise. That doesn't make it right. I still have my 1st Amendment rights to call you an unethical, ********* gouger if you engage in the practice, so there! :D

That is not manipulation. You even say so in your 2nd statement:
it's legal and in the purest sense, it IS free market and free enterprise.
You can't have it both ways, sorry.

That is the early bird gets the worm. I will not impede your first amendment rights nor stifle mine by saying you are an idiot if you can't get up early to shoot a .22 or have enough put back to not be in a pinch. (And I really do like you too!)

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the gougers are manipulating the market, pure and simple. Without them, i could go to walmart and buy my three boxes for the market price. With them, i haven't been able to buy or even see a single box at walmart in well over a yearat the times i choose to go there. I cannot afford to pay $60+ for a bulk pack that costs $20. Even if i could, i wouldn't because i would be perpetuating their manipulative and unethical behavior. My conscience will not allow it. Therefore, they are preventing me from shooting .22lr as much as i'd like.

I really don't understand how you don't get that. And to beat the dead horse for you again, it's legal and in the purest sense, it is free market and free enterprise. That doesn't make it right. I still have my 1st amendment rights to call you an unethical, ********* gouger if you engage in the practice, so there! :d

fify.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is not manipulation. You even say so in your 2nd statement: You can't have it both ways, sorry.

That is the early bird gets the worm. I will not impede your first amendment rights nor stifle mine by saying you are an idiot if you can't get up early to shoot a .22 or have enough put back to not be in a pinch. (And I really do like you too!)

Yes I can. Your statement isn't grounded in logic. Saying that something cannot be two things at once is nonsensical. Market manipulation happens all the time. Ask George Soros. It doesn't have to be illegal either. If you have the power to do it and there is no law against it, it's legal. That doesn't preclude it from being market manipulation.

As for my willingness to spend hours at Walmart when I should be at home resting for the day, or paying off some Walmart clerk to "tip me off" on stocking times, you're correct that you have the right to call me an idiot. However, if we held a poll on here as to whether I'm an idiot for how I feel on the subject, I think you'd lose (and I like you too!) :)

Fixed your "fix" ↓ . :D

The gougers are manipulating the market, pure and simple. Without them, I could go to Walmart and buy my three boxes for the market price. With them, I haven't been able to buy or even see a single box at Walmart in well over a year at the times that are reasonable or practical for me to be there. I cannot afford to pay $60+ for a bulk pack that costs $20. Even if I could, I wouldn't because I would be perpetuating their manipulative and unethical behavior. My conscience will not allow it. Therefore, they are preventing me from shooting .22lr as much as I'd like.

:D

Latest posts

Top Bottom