All You Really Need: A S&W J-Frame Revolver for CCW

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Back in the day when Dinosaurs roamed the earth and everyone had revolvers a J frame may have made some sense. Why burden yourself with a slow to reload 5 shot revolver? A G-26 is about the same size...holds twice as many more effective rounds and reloads a hell of a lot faster. Also turds travel in packs now more than ever. Id rather have more ammunition than not enough.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in the day when Dinosaurs roamed the earth and everyone had revolvers a J frame may have made some sense. Why burden yourself with a slow to reload 5 shot revolver? A G-26 is about the same size...holds twice as many more effective rounds and reloads a hell of a lot faster. Also turds travel in packs now more than ever. Id rather have more ammunition than not enough.

I like the logic presented in this statement. Perhaps the little J-Frame; which I have for so long revered; has seen it's day?

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well each to his own. When I first started we were issued the S&W 681. I couldnt wait until we switched to semi-autos. I dont know of any cops that carry a revolver anymore. And I dont know of any that carry one as a BUG. You might try a G26 or similar semi auto compact. You might like it. You can shoot mine sometime if ewe can all get together and have a fun day at hh like we did earler in the year.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well each to his own. When I first started we were issued the S&W 681. I couldnt wait until we switched to semi-autos. I dont know of any cops that carry a revolver anymore. And I dont know of any that carry one as a BUG. You might try a G26 or similar semi auto compact. You might like it. You can shoot mine sometime if ewe can all get together and have a fun day at hh like we did earler in the year.

But Glocks are ugly.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So what's the verdict? Did the J-Frame do the job as intended or do you think she needed "more gun?"

This was a home defense situation? Something like a 12-gauge 870 with 00 buck should have been the weapon of choice. One round could've put three or four more pellets into the perp. Otherwise, the J-Frame did its job... kind of... that one time.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think to be safe you will need a full auto bazooka with a flame thrower attachment.

I think this will work.

image-4128304087.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom