Am I odd...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lkothe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After getting my CC license I find myself slipping my Kahr in my pocket for simple things like going out to feed the dog, taking trash to the curb, checking the mailbox etc,,,,, am I the only one and is this extreme?
What common things do you do and still carry?

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing odd about being prepared.
It is basic risk mitigation logic:
The likelihood of needing the gun at any given moment is remote but the consequence of not having the gun IF you need it can be catastrophic, therefore remote x catastrophic = moderate overall risk, even under good conditions.
How can you mitigate the risk? A simple, easy solution is carry your gun.

Now you can sound all systematic to your Liberal friends when they ask you "Why do you always carry?"

toehanus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After getting my CC license I find myself slipping my Kahr in my pocket for simple things like going out to feed the dog, taking trash to the curb, checking the mailbox etc,,,,, am I the only one and is this extreme? What common things do you do and still carry?

I carry everywhere except work (against university policy) and in karate class (no fair sparring with a .45). Jogging, mowing the yard, whatever. I carry.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sig P238 or 1911 when I get up in the morning, take it off at night and put it on the night stand. Have not been out of the house for several days. Ever heard of a home invasion?

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After getting my CC license I find myself slipping my Kahr in my pocket for simple things like going out to feed the dog, taking trash to the curb, checking the mailbox etc,,,,, am I the only one and is this extreme?
What common things do you do and still carry?

No, I don't think you're odd. I also feed my dog and take the trash out and check the mailbox too. I bet a lot of folks in here do those things.

Latest posts

Top Bottom