Am I the only one

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I actually get more enjoyment from just watching the animals in their natural environment than in the words of my mom "catching one." The guys I take hunting I serve as the spotter and not the shooter. However predators are a different story.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I actually get more enjoyment from just watching the animals in their natural environment than in the words of my mom "catching one." The guys I take hunting I serve as the spotter and not the shooter. However predators are a different story.

Pretty much same on watching wildlife. Varmint/predator guns is all I use anymore.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This goes along with the list of things that I have lost interest in as I have gotten older:
Hunting (war ruined that for me)
Golfing (Back, hips and knees hurt)
Harley Riding (Back, hips and knees hurt)
Good Cigars ( Simply cannot justify the cost anymore)
Training Horses (Back, hips and knees hurt)
"Bullseye" Precision Pistol ( Shoulder just cannot shoot a 2700 any more)
5K's (obvious reasons)
The list goes on, but it certainly is interesting how our priorities and enjoyment of once favorite activities changes over the years. Used to spend all day in the woods hunting anything from Yotes to Elk, now I spend that time with the family and friends enjoying the pool, BBQ, sporting events of the kids, dates with Jen, ect..... Wouldn't change any of it for the world, just interesting to look back on.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just turned 59.In my 20s and 30s I love to quail and dove hunt.Got tired of walking public land and not seeing anything to hunt.Most all the private land I know of is leased out and I don't have a bird dog anymore or know anyone that does.Saw some guys on the Flush hunting chukars,quail and partridge in Idaho last week and would dearly love to do that before it gets any harder to get around.The will is there but not sure the knees would hold out.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Just turned 59.In my 20s and 30s I love to quail and dove hunt.Got tired of walking public land and not seeing anything to hunt.Most all the private land I know of is leased out and I don't have a bird dog anymore or know anyone that does.Saw some guys on the Flush hunting chukars,quail and partridge in Idaho last week and would dearly love to do that before it gets any harder to get around.The will is there but not sure the knees would hold out.
Didn’t miss opening weekend of pheasant in Kansas for 15 years straight. We hunted private land and always had a great hunt. The clubs around would release chukars as a bonus bird. No limit because it wasn’t native. The birds would not always get harvested by the paid hunters and come over on our land. One day we shot 20 of them. Incredible, just like quail but 2-3 times the size

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To me hunting isn't about the kill. It is about the relaxation and peaceful sounds of nature waking up in the mornings. Watching wildlife play about and interact with others. 90% of my hunts if I had an opportunity to shoot an animal, I never made the attempt. I usually set my sights on one mature animal and unless I see that one, I just enjoy/observe God's creation.

Some of you that mention you had enough killing or don't need to go out killing have/had the wrong idea of hunting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom