American Airlines Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cue

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I worked for AA and got furloughed twice after September 11. It was the best thing that could have ever happened to me. I am definitely in the minority though.

Here is the problem. This is not just a union problem, it is a problem for every company. The baby boomers are so far in debt that they can not retire. So they stick around the workforce stealing the jobs of the next generation. They know they can not perform the same output of work as the next generation, they just do not care.

AA for instance is not going to survive in Tulsa with the above 1992 workforce. The average age of the employees will be 60+. These people quite frankly need to go. When I was there in early 2000s there was a guy that had a rascal scooter. What on earth could he contribute to the workforce. You can not say knowledge because if he couldn't transfer that knowledge to the people that have been there over 10 years, something is wrong. These upper seniority members that refuse to retire are contributing to the downfall of America. It is not the unions, middle class, or welfare class, it is the Baby Boomer generation. I am sorry if that offends anyone but it is the truth.

I see this base completely being outsourced within a year of the first furlough.

Now on the union faults. The problem with blaming the union is this. They have absolutely no power to police their own. So you can not blame a union for employees stealing company time. Whenever a union gets the power to fire their members and things do not change, then you can blame the union for the downfall of the company.

It is not impossible to fire a union employee. It happens ever day. These middle managers are more to blame than the union. If they would actually do their jobs and document how an employee is stealing from the company, it is a no brainer to fire them. However their laziness and the right wing media makes it easy for them to blame the union who has no power to separate itself from dead weight.

As far as AA wages. As Stephen stated, not everyone makes 27 an hour (for skilled labor that could put you in prison for 10 years if you make a mistake). The average salary there is closer to around 18 an hour. I make double that without a college degree. I have been very fortunate and have had a few doors opened for me. I am not rich by any means though. I am definitely still middle class. I can not just pick up and buy a new car or go on vacation. I do not get why other middle class citizens have so much hate for their own class. Shouldn't you be hating the people in the class above us? Seriously this in class fighting needs to stop.

Yay wall of text

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Again, I hope and pray you AA employees keep your jobs, with that said,

Why is it bad of me to think... "dang I wish I was making 27.00 per hour"???

Why is it bad of me to dislike the leaders of unions?

This is MY opinion. I have NOTHING AGAINST GOOD HARD WORKING UNION WORKERS

You guys want to "take your business" somewhere else, do it.

MY OPINION, UNIONS SUCK.

Deal with it.

Thank You.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sad many businesses will be ruined or hurt by this.
Doesnt matter Where you put the blame or on Who
The fact that these companys are shipping jobs overseas, I say fakem all
and I will.take my business somewhere else
Hope this doesnt affect too many business's up there ....but Im bettin it will
Good Luck to you

50Pesos

reddog1 said:
Again, I hope and pray you AA employees keep your jobs, with that said,

Why is it bad of me to think... "dang I wish I was making 27.00 per hour"???

Why is it bad of me to dislike the leaders of unions?

This is MY opinion. I have NOTHING AGAINST GOOD HARD WORKING UNION WORKERS

You guys want to "take your business" somewhere else, do it.

MY OPINION, UNIONS SUCK.

Deal with it.

Thank You.

Your just the kind of guy to make jokes at funerals to I suppose.

Every union is different, good to see you have a well rounded blanketed opinion. How about you let people grieve.

huskres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cue said it very well. I was training a guy at work who was around 60 and there is no way he could physically hang and do the job. Its not an aircraft mechanic but some way more physically demanding. He won't last very long and will be on unemployment very soon I bet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom