Ammo Sightings--Lawton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Walmart phone app constantly lies to me about ammo availability. Each time I've seen an update showing "available" for ammo and have made a follow-up call to the Walmart store showing "in stock" - the sporting goods person on the phone has denied having having any ammo. Either the app is very inaccurate or the store folks are misinformed or lying.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Walmart phone app constantly lies to me about ammo availability. Each time I've seen an update showing "available" for ammo and have made a follow-up call to the Walmart store showing "in stock" - the sporting goods person on the phone has denied having having any ammo. Either the app is very inaccurate or the store folks are misinformed or lying.
Depends in large part on timing. If the app shows "in stock" after 8pm to 10pm in the evening, it probably will be available for sale when they open around 7am the next morning, and sold out again within the hour.

There are a couple of items that show "in stock" and have been for months because of an inaccuracy in the store's inventory that hasn't been fixed yet, but anything other than those is "usually" correct. If you call and they say it's not there, it's usually either that it was there and has already been sold, or else is still on the truck or in the back storage room and they haven't stocked it yet.

Or at least that's been my experience...

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This AM there was .223 Federal ammo in 100 rd bulk packs for $35.00 at Quanah Parker Trail Walmart - there looked to be more in stock than the 7 AM line could purchase.

That store also had Federal .22 LR bulk pack (325 rds) for $15.00. This ammo was in very limited supply and is probably gone from the stock I could see. However, I bought two and only "need" one - I will sell one 325 pack to (in this order):

Lawton FGST folks I personally know
Other Lawton FGST members
Other OSA members
Strangers

Of course, hot women will trump all others (just kidding...I think...)
I will not rip you off, the price is as above plus a small differential for my time (hey I was willing to get up at 0430, not you) and for the gas I spent driving there from North of Ft Sill.

Note: if there is a zombie outbreak I will share for free.

PM me if interested.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well this is not quite Lawton but. . . if you are going to be heading to Wichita Falls for anything. The Academy just of of the Lawrance/Lebanon exit from Kell has a TON of rifle and shotgun ammo. Not much for handgun rounds. And get there with an empty tank. Can get gas for around 3.19 a gallon if you don't mind e-10

Latest posts

Top Bottom