Amsoil was worth it for me

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigdawg90

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I used to use Mobil1 in my diesel, then T6. It’s at 350k now, but around 280k it started burning oil. That’s when I switched to T6.

Got worse each change till 289k it was going through almost .5 quarts. Watched a YouTube video on diesel cleaner. Now I add fuel additive/cleaner to every/every other tank. It slowed down, but around 320k I was burning almost a quart between chnages.

I went to Amsoil Max duty after watching another video. I really didn’t want to do a ring job.

Just had my second oil change with zero burned oil and the oil is coming out almost clean. I’m super impressed and keeping this rig running is worth the $95 I pay shipped to my house for the kit.

Your mileage may vary, but man I’m super happy with Amsoil :) It’s expensive, but this duramax has been in the family for 23 years. It’s an 02.

Around 310k I did a full injector, fuel pump and turbo job, but I don’t think that would have an effect on burning oil and it was still burning almost a quart.

I was super pumped to not have burned oil and my wife was less than enthusiastic so I figured I’d share with you guys. 😂

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used Amsoil in my '06 F-150. Had good service, didn't cost much $$ than Mobil1 and the added miles between changes made it cheaper.

I picked up a couple cans of the Amsoil gun cleaner and gun lube. I have been happy with it.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've used it for over 20 years. Have it in everything I own. Why? Because it does what they say it does.

This is a '00s Ford Edge with 180k miles on it with almost 100k of extended interval oil changes. No sludge at all.

IMG_0617.JPG

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I used to use Mobil1 in my diesel, then T6. It’s at 350k now, but around 280k it started burning oil. That’s when I switched to T6.

Got worse each change till 289k it was going through almost .5 quarts. Watched a YouTube video on diesel cleaner. Now I add fuel additive/cleaner to every/every other tank. It slowed down, but around 320k I was burning almost a quart between chnages.

I went to Amsoil Max duty after watching another video. I really didn’t want to do a ring job.

Just had my second oil change with zero burned oil and the oil is coming out almost clean. I’m super impressed and keeping this rig running is worth the $95 I pay shipped to my house for the kit.

Your mileage may vary, but man I’m super happy with Amsoil :) It’s expensive, but this duramax has been in the family for 23 years. It’s an 02.

Around 310k I did a full injector, fuel pump and turbo job, but I don’t think that would have an effect on burning oil and it was still burning almost a quart.

I was super pumped to not have burned oil and my wife was less than enthusiastic so I figured I’d share with you guys. 😂
A diesel with almost clean oil after running more than 2 minutes? That is impressive:)

Latest posts

Top Bottom