any dove hunters?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jalapeno

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
thought we might start a thread on dove hunting as the season is almost here. I go a least once a year with a guide and then try to go several times just with friends. last year we went with j&j outfitters they did a great job and we had a blast. this year we are signed up with curts guide service, going to give curt a try. anybody got any fields that need to be hunted just let me know.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We are already preparing a dove field for a shoot. I have a small patch about 10 acres or so that got flooded this spring, so the wheat that was already headed out was ruined. The local COOP is going to spray the weeds this week if the rain will hold off. About two weeks before season opener, I'll burn the field, and it should make a great dove spot.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hunter? Yes
Killer? Not the last 2 years...
They seem to be not where our field is and it is getting frustrating. I have never paid for a hunt, but if this year sucks as bad as the last 2, I'm going to.

Good luck everyone!

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I did have time to hunt, my most enjoyable hunting was squirrel hunting. My friends and I used 22LR semi auto rifles with scopes, and our agreement was that we were not permitted to shoot unless it was an eye shot. We of course we would have a squirrel fry at the end of the day. I think I liked the taste of that better than any other animal we hunted and cooked up. Maybe the reason they tasted so good was because they were in our pecan grove.

Latest posts

Top Bottom