Any 'eye anglers about?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BravoSix

New to the site!
Reaction score
Looking for information on walleye spots and techniques. Coming from ND, I do miss fresh walleye. All of my efforts here have been thwarted by snags and just not knowing the fisheries. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Around Ok, we have more saugeye than walleye in most lakes. Canton is the exception, and maybe some others I'm not familiar with.

Ft Supply, Foss, Salt Plains(before it died out), Vincent did before it was killed out and drained, a few of the smaller lakes in NW Okla as well. Black Kettle Lakes were stocked at one time with them. Waurika was stocked with them years ago and then switched over to Saugeye stocking. You can still catch a few big walleye out of Waurika.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Threw back many saugeye at Salt Plains 15+ years ago........................................................................................an older gentleman asked me if didn't like the taste of saugeye, told him I sure do, but these aren't long enough according to the regs. He told me to read a little farther down..........where it says there's no length limit at SP's.:rolleyes2

Latest posts

Top Bottom