Any interest in attending a bug out weekend trip??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ohhhhhh, gosh, I hope you can make it. Muffins won't work but I could make a cranberry grunt ... No, seriously ... that's what it's called because of the noise it makes while it's cooking ... :lmfao:

Cranberry grunt and a little sniff off of a flask secreted away in my pack....sounds like a good way to end the day around a fire!

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey BB,

While I believe land nav is something everyone should learn, and I think you will enjoy it thoroughly, another option is a Bushnell Backtrack.

These things are great for finding your way back to where you started. Very simple to use and cheap for what it is. If nothing else, it will make sure that your using your land nav skills correctly. Just a thought.

Here's a link:

http://www.cabelas.com/handheld-gps-bushnell-backtrack-gps.shtml

And if you don't mind pink, they can be had on Amazon for $45 shipped.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dave,

I know we've been talking about this deal on the side, but thought I would post here that I will be there. The wife will most likely be there as well. Luckily she enjoys the outdoors as much as I do. One other thing. I try to use hammock's every chance I get. Are there trees where we are going? If not, no big deal. I can always bring the tent, but the hammocks are soooooo much lighter and faster to put up.

As far as small game, I can bring some Conibear Traps. Might have better luck with those than trying to "hunt" all day. Give us more time to learn some other things and still get the small game processing skills if the traps catch something. Of course I'm always good with hunting some squirrels and the like. We can set some yo-yo's for fish if there are some ponds around too. Just a thought.

Latest posts

Top Bottom