Any ranges near Ponca City?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldArmy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have looked high and low, and have not found but one, which wants $175 per year and is 25min away. I barely have enough money to afford to go shooting every now and again, so I'm put off quite a bit by the $175 membership fee. Especially when I pick up my own brass and don't leave a mess like some jerks. I doubt there is anything else near by but I figured it was worth a shot to ask.

If anything else there are some people outside of city limits I can talk to about shooting on their property, but having a proper range would be nice.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure if your talking about the Ponca City Rifle and Pistol club?
If so, the first year membership fee is $175.00.
Every year after that, the fee is $75.00.
With the amenities we offer our membership, I don't think there is a cheaper range in the area.
I'm Vice President of the club, and can answer just about any question you might have.

We offer 4 pistol bays, 2 @ 25 yards, and 2@ 35 yards, a 50 meter, 100 & 300 yard rifle bays.
All bays have shooting benches and club supplied target stands. The pistol bays have falling steel as well as Texas stars, plate racks, etc.

Reply here, or we can talk via PM.

I'd be more than happy to take you shooting at the range some day as my guest, so you could get a first hand look at the facility, and see our recently completed 300 yard range that we opened up last Sunday. :D

OldArmy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well to be honest I was not sure what the facilities were like, and figured they would be pretty sparse, but sounds pretty nice. I will contact you soon about accompanying you Dennishoddy. I need to give my 1911 a work out again, esp since I have been doing something that is (apparently) very bad with it :/ (Dropping the slide on a round). I never gave it much thought as I figured it wouldn't be that much harder on it than it's normal operating cycle.

Does anyone have directions?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The gate is kept locked. After becoming a member, your given the gate combination.
When you get ready to check the place out, shoot me a pm and I'll get you my phone number. We can find a mutual time to go shoot.
(Note: the description of the bays is not up to date) I send this map to folks looking for directions.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399433793.091880.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom