Any storm damage?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No damage, but I experienced something last night I've never experienced before.

I thought it was thundering, but when I stepped outside to have a look at the sky I could tell it wasn't thunder. It was wind noise, only the wind wasn't blowing on the surface. It was winds aloft, and they were roaring. Sounded like thunder, or a freight train, but it was constant. Kinda wild. Went back inside and in about 2-3 minutes it hit the Goldsby area 5-6 miles east of me. I really believe I was hearing a tornado that had not touched down yet. It was incredibly loud, but it only lasted for a short while.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What really gets to me is the moment it starts raining they want you in your shelter. Amazing how people used to make it to their shelters without the help of an overweight meteorologist telling them to get into the shelter. Really ridiculous when the meteorologist doesn't know the streets and how they run. They flash an image which zips across the screen in 1/2 second and say "see this hook echo!!!???!!!" Or the meteorologist says the chase car is in Warr Acres when they are in Enid. Sad, the TV news has gotten way worse.

Latest posts

Top Bottom