any tokarev tt-33 owners here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbolt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I noticed the grip angle has a tendancy to make it shoot low. It didn't seem to be a problem after I got used to it. I've been looking for some adjustable rear sights that will fit. also, I'm making some wraparound grips that change the angle to compensate. I'll post some pics when they are finished

kbolt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
However,Now that I think about it, The grip angle is perfect for a rapid-fire combat situation, because while aiming at the upper torrso the first shot will hit the chest and the next seven shots will be in the upper chest, throat and head because of the recoil.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
in centurys flyer today the have polish and romanians starting at $179 to about $279 depending on condition. nothing like those magnum autos from back in the day. 9mm largo, and the 7.62x25 are excellent rounds and still fairly inexpensive to shoot, but like all things, buy it now. lord knows that surplus ammo won't last forever.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
About surplus ammo--When I had a CZ-52 there was a bunch of submachinegun ammo around that fit, but was too hot for even that very tough weapon. It was reputed to be routinely destructive to the less robust Tok.

Sorry to lack details on headstamps, but do some research and beware of gunshow ammo sellers.

The "Tokarev test" used to be how Europeans evaluated body armor. It's a very hot round. CB

Latest posts

Top Bottom