Anybody ever try any Russian Tula 223 ammo???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What caliber is the chamber of your barrel? .223 or 556 or wylde?

edit: I just looked on JP's site. It seems they are wylde chambers. Which is the reason your 5.56mm cases are getting stuck.

I haven't had any trouble with a stuck case in 5.56 in the past in my JP. I also haven't got it that hot either.

The M&P is a 5.46x39mm and the steel cases stuck in it too after it got really hot.

Edit: I just checked the Tula ammo and it is 223 Remington not 5.56.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
every experience i have with tula or any other steel case has been good, tula is also boxer primed and believe it or not i loaded some for a friend with his dies with 55 grain v max for coyote hunting so he does not have to pick up his brass cased stuff. it shot 5 in a nickel, i know sounds foolish but actually pretty cool though.

A very experienced 3 gun buddy of mine that also has a business that rids people of unwanted animal problems, Trapr Swanson was picking up my boxer primed steel cases to do the dame thing. He said you could reload them once with minimal case prep and them let them lay. I guess I need to start picking up my steel cases now too!

Do you have to swag the pockets and trim the brass typically or any other special case prep?

ninefan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jesse, did you read my posts at all you crazy cat?

ninefan said:
Also, shoot 1 brass cased round for every 10 or so steel cased. Just load them up in the mag like that. The brass case will pull the gunk out of the chamber left by the steel cased stuff.

ninefan said:
Buy the Barnaul lacquer-coated ammo (Brown Bear everywhere online or Monarch at Academy

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The only issue I've had with steel cased ammo is my extractor wouldn't reliably pull the case. I switched it out with a Bravo Company extractor, and have had no issues or wear showing for over 500rnds worth. Bravo Company rocks!!!!

threerivers

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently bought 100 rounds Tula from Wally world $5.00 a box cheap right thats what i thought i was going to check it out and then go buy a boatload of it I'm glad i only bought 100 rounds .. I have never had an issue with a bushmaster but my AR will not eat tula or at least the batch i bought ...little bit about the tula i bought there was copper shavings protruding from the case that i had to scrape off with a knife on most of he ammo in all 5 boxes never seen ammo like that crazy the bullet's were not all the way seated when put up next to remmington wich is the only other ammo i had at the time when fired the shell would get stuck and i had to eather grad the charge handel and pull the spent shell out with the charge handel and if it did auto extract it would not chamber another round i swtiched mags , broke it down and cleaned and lubed it up still nothing in my opinion this ammo is steel cased crap and of course walmart will do nothing about it ammo is yours when you buy it from walmart no returnes or exchanges i have since put 125 rounds of other ammo through it with no problems if it was a life and death situation 1 shot is all i could get with that tula crap never again will i buy tula YOU CET WHAT YOU PAY FOR i have pictures and lot numbers from the ammo and still have 86 rounds of the crap Im going to try and contact Tula about it and see what they say

Latest posts

Top Bottom